at 2-3 months how long did you LO go between feeds?

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
My 10 week old has just gone 5 hours between feeds :wacko: is that normal? I'm a bit worried!

Today he fed at 8:00, 11:00 and 16:00. That's it :shrug:

How long did/does yours go between feeds at that age?

It varied like your lo, anywhere from 2-6 hours. For a healthy term baby of your lo's age, sleep is just as important as eating and play for development. It's a little scary when you've realized how long it's been though! Especially when you wake after 6 hours and realize it's morning and baby hasn't woken lol.

I must admit, not to be a Debbie Downer, that it was very short-lived for us, and by 3-3.5 months he was back to sleeping 2-3 hour stretches :(

So catch up on some sleep if you need, and I really hope it keeps up!

Thank you, that's helpful :)

Unfortunately we're not talking about night time feeds, just daytime ones. In the night he's still up every couple of hours :haha:

He didn't sleep the whole 5 hours, he was actually awake for a couple of hours of it but just sat there happily in his pram. He had a really good feed from both boobs when he finally decided he was hungry and now just 1.5 hours later he's having another feed. I just hope he doesn't make up for it tonight! :dohh:

3 hours, pretty much round the clock unfortunately. He makes progress and then goes backward. I am jealous of the moms whose LOs sleep long stretches consistently. I heard that feeds shouldn't be too spaced during the day until LO sleeps through.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. As long as your LO is generally well, happy and as alert as usual (plus weeing and pooing normally), you can trust him to know what he needs :)

5 hours during the day would probably have been the max for my LO at that age, but it would really depend what was going on. They usually average out, as you're probably finding now :D

My LO did a couple of 3-4 hour stretches in the daytime around 2 months but since then it's been every 1.5-2.5 hours around the clock. He's a week shy of 4 months now.

It varied for us too. Sometimes 30mins, sometimes 5 hours. There is still no pattern and I'll be back at work in 6 weeks!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. As predicted he more than made up for it in the night last night :rofl: he didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time and fed like he was absolutely ravenous every time he woke up!

Safe to say I'm no longer worried about him :haha:

Babies can get their days and nights mixed up sometimes too. My babes always seemed to catch up on sleep around evening or night time, but ds2 is the worse sleeper of the two, and I knew if he slept well in the evening, then he'd be feeding constantly in the wee hours of the morning ;)

Glad you're not worried anymore :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->