"At home" fertility testing?

Cornbread83

Mommy to Miles :)
Reaction score
Noticed in my FRER box that they included a "bonus" at home fertility test...I've never seen these before, but the instructions say if you use it on CD3, it will check for a certain hormone (FSH?) that would indicate whether or not it's possible for you to conceive...

Anyone ever used these? I'm a little nervous, I have an irregular cycle so I don't know if it would be helpful, or just scare the living daylights out of me! I mean, how accurate can a stick be for detecting fertility? :wacko:

I'm curious to know what others say about this as well.

I have never heard of such a thing. Heading to Google now lol

I haven't heard of those, but I've seen somewhere else an at home fertility test for men. It's called SpermCheck Fertility. I guess they sell it at Walgreens for $40 or so. I think that DH and I are going to get one if we get a BFN this cycle. I wonder if it works :-k . I'll keep an eye out for the fertility test that you're talking about though.

I'm curious too. I had one of those from my frer box as a 'bonus' too! I took it on cd3 and it showed that I got a positive result. I got my BFP back in May (sadly, it ended in mmc). So, I guess the test worked! I havent' gone through a real doc for a checkup though... :shrug:

lxb, so sorry about your mmc.:hugs: But it's neat to see those fertility tests actually work. I think I'll try mine on CD3, just out of curiosity.

I didn't know there was at home testing for SA! If we hit the 12 month mark with no BFP, I may do that before actually having DH go to the doc...he could probably go for doing it in the privacy of our home, lol!

lxb, so sorry about your mmc.:hugs: But it's neat to see those fertility tests actually work. I think I'll try mine on CD3, just out of curiosity.

I didn't know there was at home testing for SA! If we hit the 12 month mark with no BFP, I may do that before actually having DH go to the doc...he could probably go for doing it in the privacy of our home, lol!

Yeah.. I saw that when I was in a local store too! Wonder how accurate it will be. Forgot how much was it .. I remember it's not cheap :shrug:

That's what I was thinking too! I think my hubby would be a bit embarressed to go to the doctor to ask for one (I don't blame him), but he's totally willing to do the one at home.

I bought once that fertility test for women, used it (got OK on that) and then I found it later on (there were 2 in a box), I used although it was kinda expired. Got OK too. But I am not pregnant, never been and also haven't been tested for this kida things yet. So who knows.

I've never used an at-home one, but my doctor had to check me at CD23 and CD25 to see if I was ovulating. Prior to that, I had pelvics that always checked out OK.

She said I wasn't ovulating, and now I'm going to be starting Clomid soon.

Not sure what the at-home would check on CD3? Let me know how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->