At my wits end....advice?

3xpire

Mother to Kalei Mae (:
Reaction score
I need some serious advice. Something. I've read everything I could get my hands on, talked to people, and nothing seems to work...

My little one is 8 weeks now, and since birth has pretty much been on pumped breastmilk. When I was able to bring her home from the NICU at two weeks, I tried getting her to latch. All I got was screaming and crying no matter the position, and she got so fussy with the nipple until I gave her her bottle. Tried feeding from the bottle to ease off the hunger, still didnt work. There was only a couple times when she fed/pacified off the bare breast, but she refused to latch correctly. She only tried latching onto just my nipple, or just a liiiiitttle bit of surrounding tissue. I couldn't even adjust her without her freaking out. And those tiny sessions lasted maybe ten minutes each until she got frustrated. She HATES every nursing position, except for when I lay on my side and her lay next to me. That she doesn't have too much of a problem with. I've been trying a nipple shield every time I can catch her in a good enough mood to try to pacify or nurse on the breast and sometimes when she's watching my fiance play video games or when she's half asleep.

I'm going to be trying to start work here soon, and I'm really eager to start trying to get her to take the breast at least a couple times every day so that I dont have to worry about pumping as much.

I really don't want to give up on breastfeeding/pumping. Everyone seems to think I should just switch to formula (tried that before I could make enough milk, caused WAY too much gas and screaming sessions) and to give up. And I completely refuse. Is it too late? Any tips or anything that worked for any of you who had a hard time?

Also is it maybe possible that if it just isnt working now, that I may be able to try to teach her when she's maybe four or five months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->