At the risk of sounding stupid - AF question...

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
For the ladies that are having light periods and / or spotting, at which point would you really say that AF is here, and you are on CD1? Before I would have said that the time I see blood (apols. for the phrasing) was CD1 because it would become a proper flow (allbeit a lightish one) within 12 hours. Now I'm stop / starting with spotting and nothing heavier yet requiring a pad etc. (again sorry for TMI) and I don't know if my calculations are wrong before, or if I'm officially out for this month and on to Cycle 3/ :wacko: I'm trying to avoid charting for as long as possible, as I don't want to be too obsessed about things.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I am the same. I really don't want to chart as not ttc yet but need to keep an eye on my cycles as I haven't had one for 5 years. Hope someone else might have an explanation for you :)

Hi, I always count it that I have red blood (sorry if TMI) and can reasonably use a tampon. Although I'm no gynae! I too have spotting before and after. My first AF after coming off the coil was purely spotting however. Maybe your AF cycle is still sorting itself out?

Good luck with it all!

I consider anything over a pad as AF. If less then you can consider it spotting.

I consider AF to be here if there is blood for a day, doesn't matter how much blood. So, I spot for the first day of AF which is CD1. It also happens that my spotting comes 14 days after O. Are you looking to test soon? I think that if you had some spotting that only lasted a day or less then you should definitely test, that to me would be a good sign of implantation bleeding. :dust:

I've always learned that the first day of spotting is CD1. I know, it's super confusing!

Thanks hardworkinmama. It's heavier now, so I'm having to face up to the fact my body is still playing tricks of me. I officially HATE spotting as it gives you that wee bit of hope that it could be an implantation bleed - especially as it showed up around 9DPO. Silly really as I didn't feel pregnant AT ALL and I have my doubts if I even OV'd this month.:dohh:

It's always been my understanding that if you don't ovulate then you won't have an AF, so since you are having one then I would think that you have definitely ovulated. Sorry your out for this month, lots of :dust: for next month! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->