At what age did you offer fish?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
When did you offer fish to your LO?! I was going to offer it sooner than 7months but missjess gave me a link with some info about giving fish to babys...thanks hun :hugs: which made me hold on abit...

When is the best time? x

I gave it to ella from 7 months :lol:
We make fish pie so its not all fish just little bits.
Ella loved it anyway ;)

https://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-eat-fish_1368510.bc
this says you shouldnt give it until three preferably because its got a very high raking on the allergy list or something (couldnt be bothered to read it all).
I havent given Alex fish yet, but thats only because we dont buy fish or fish fingers, im not keen and OH hates it so we dont bother with it. But if we did like it, I probably would have tried him on little soft bits of cod or given him a fish finger to chew at about 8 months ish?
Im not really the best person to answer seeing as we dont eat it but i suppose you can read through the link, its got comments off people sayign what age they gave their babies fish xx

Paige has had fish for a while!!

She had it 2nite!

Thanks everyone...it is really interesting because all recipe books say you can give it yet the internet tells you something else...i would love to give it just so he can taste something different...xx

With tuna fillets and swordfish and other ones with high mercury or high chance of allergies I would wait. But we gave my middle son canned tuna in a casserole I make at about 10mo. Now that I think about it I don't think my 15mo old has had any fish yet though

i cant remember tbh. But fish is one of those things ds will eat. Im careful with somefish such as tuna due to the mercury content. But he loves cod, salmon, maceral and even got him eating sardines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->