At what point does mucous discharge become a plug?

Rickles

Reaction score
Any ideas ladies?

I had pretty painful contractions yesterday for most the morning, lots of pressure and back ache which typically faded to nothing. It's been going for well over 2 weeks.

This morning I've passed 2 big blobs of yellow/green mucous - say the size of £2 coin... No other signs bar back ache - just wondering if I can consider this losing my plug or it's just discharge??

Can you hear the desperation in my post?:dohh:

Thanks!:flower:

My plug was like that with Zoe, just a couple of coin sized blobs.
Good luck. Hope this is it for you xx

Green mucus to me isnt a plug, normally colour of an infection.

Could be your plug, when i lost mine i was well into active labour it was size of my palm, pulling it from below was never ending.

Could be plug. it is different for everyone. but If it has a green tint to it or has a smell I'd call your ob or mw as green in color can mean infection. (not always, could just be the lighting in your bathroom making it seem greenish) but its best to ask especially if it turns out to be infection or meconium

Thanks ladies - I've googled images and am happy it's "normal" looking in colour and there was definitely no smell ... xx

Ooh I hope things are happening for you!

With my first I lost a great big chunk of clear jelly-like stuff which was streaked with blood. It looked like a slug, it was gross. Lol!

With my second I had mucusy discharge in the last few weeks but once labour had started I had a definite "show".. Loads of bright red jelly stuff. Again, gross!

With my third I just had the discharge (no blood) and never had a show, my waters broke so I knew things were happening.

This time I've been having the discharge again for weeks and some bits are pretty big. Last night and this morning it was tinged with blood though, so I'm hoping it's a good sign! I'm getting very impatient, as I'm sure you are too!!

Good luck hun - I think you're closer than me... I've had pinching back pain for the last 2 days but could just be baby nestling on a nerve. So frustrating. Just saw my SIL who said I looked ready to pop and in early labour and she thought I'd be having baby within a week... but I know that's not really a medical assessment ;)

Sigh... hate knowing it could still be 3/4 weeks! AAArgh.

Keep me posted - love seeing what the other yellow bumps from the first tri turn out to be!

xx

My mucus plus was also a clear/greenish tinted color. I also looked it up and that seems to be normal. No smell or anything. Lost it on Friday night, and nothing going on here ;)
I talked to my friend who's had two kids in the past 2 years and she lost her mucus plug with her first child 3 weeks before she had him, second child she lost it two weeks before. So it really does not point to any impending labor sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->