Attachment parents near New Milton, hampshire, UK

Weezie123

Reaction score
Any attachment parents in the New Forest, Lymmington, Christchurch e.t.c? I'm desperate to meet more gentle parenting mums who are not returning to work. X x would like to start an alternative mother and baby meet up to be creative and productive! X

Curious what is atachment parenting an whats alterniive about ur motherig choices xx

I know it might not be quite what you mean, but there is a New Forest Sling Meet listed here that looks excellent.

Curious what is atachment parenting an whats alterniive about ur motherig choices xx

Baby in the bed with you at night not in a cot or its own room, carrying in the sling for walks not in the pram, letting the baby lead the way with regards to timings of meals, bedtime, naps. Avoiding car journeys or stopping frequently if it upsets the baby. Not trying to make the baby independent by separating from it before it show signs of independence or not letting it cry if you can go to it. If you are able to breastfeed letting the baby decide when it wants to stop. X

There are no rules as such but it's basically not reading anything into "techniques" to bring up your baby but going with your instincts x e.g not doing sleep training or deciding your baby should eat a certain amount at each meal because that's what's in the pot, or not picking up your baby each time they cry for fear of spoiling them.

It's not bein a slave to your baby though, it's a give and take relationship of mutual respect. Also recognising your babies independence when it comes and not getting in the way of them exploring and doing things for themselves but only when they are showin signs of being ready. E.g letting them explore most things, not saying "no" all the time, letting them make mistakes rather than jumping in and doing everything for them.

It's treating your baby/toddler/child how you would like to be treated yourself and not thinking of them as different to a grown human in that they also have desires and needs that should be respected, they shouldnt just be expected to do what the parent wants all the time as as adults we don't like to be under the total control of another human being but we do want to get along so therefore we behave socially rather than antisocially. Not using punishment and reward. Not thinking that children need to be "disciplined" but leading by example.

Hope I've explained slightly x

I know it might not be quite what you mean, but there is a New Forest Sling Meet listed here that looks excellent.

Thanks I've actually been to a sling meet in Totton! It was nice by there weren't that many people there, I did hire a sling to try though. Also it was just that little bit too far away x

Ounds intresting - were doi u draw the line tho? If ur kids 15 n still wants to be in bed with u? Or if u notice theres somethin abit slow in there development the parent whos atachment parenting wont mention it becoz its "there own pace"? I like the sling wearin and demand feedin as im doin tht x

For me there would be no boundaries like chucking a child out at of he bedroom at 15 but I am sure no 15 year old would want to be in the bed with us as becides anything else it would be pretty uncomfortable for all involved! But let's say he wanted to sleep on a mattress on the floor that would be fine too. The hope is however that giving that closeness as a baby will give him confidence and independence to want to sleep alone. I have heard from others that usually the child wants its own room and space at about the age of 4. :hugs:

I think a mothers instinct lets you know whether your child has a developmental problem rather than just taking their time and in that case I would seek the right kind of help. When you tune into your child you really can trust yourself to just feel when something is not quite right x

Glad you are enjoying sling wearing and demand feeding it just makes sense and "feels right".

I want that when my child grows up I can say to him "I did my best" and not feel any guilt over my choices really. I'm sure this is what we all want however we choose to parent. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->