Attempted baby snatcher

Kate&Lucas

& OH & Mush
Reaction score
Has anyone heard this story? I can't post a link on my phone but basically police are searching for a woman who tried to 'snatch' a three week old baby from a hospital in London.

It all sounds a bit strange to me. According to the reports the baby was being transported by family members in a cot, some woman looked in the cot, said she wanted to see the baby, put her hand in the cot then retracted it. She didn't even touch the baby :shrug: Then the family pushed the cot into a lift, stopped the woman getting in the lift with them and presumably reported her to staff as an attempted kidnapper.
It just sounds like a massive over reaction! I was in hospital for a week with Lucas transporting him back and forth to NICU, I had lots of people stop for a peek in his cot :shrug:

From what I've read they (the police) want to trace her as they are concerned about her wellbeing. Most likely she was acting oddly and they are concerned that she might need help, while also being worried that she might not be thinking rationally and could be a risk to members of the public. Probably the "attempted baby snatching" was a way of getting peoples attention- more likely to get people to look at her picture than "woman might need help" unfortunately!

She hardly tried to snatch the baby, complete and utter madness to even suggest that she was trying to do so, particularly as the baby was with a team of hospital staff AND family at the time.

It hardly sounded a snatching attempt.

I guess she has issues and needs help. That's why they went public with it.
Edit here's link https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ek-old-baby-girl-wheeled-London-hospital.html

I saw this too, I thought it sounded like an over reaction as well, but i guess were never told the full story and if she does need help or something I hope she is able to get it.x

I hope she gets the helps she needs but is it fair to label her "a child snatcher" just to get folks attention? Mud like that sticks, and I'm guessing if she does need help she'll have enough on her plate without having that label round her neck! The daily mail makes my blood boil.

How very odd...hardly an abduction attempt!

I wheeled my two a few times from SCBU to the Ward and everytime I had someone want a peek at them....I just took it as someone wanting a look at a baby!

It would be interesting to see why they are concerned about her welfare.

That's nice, they're concerned for her so they splash her face around the nation branding her a kidnapper :dohh: the whole story makes no sense to me.

i dont believe anything DM says to be honest...
they disnt even get her discription right :/. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->