Autism- caused by trauma?

Tor

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just reading another thread and someone mentioned something about autism can maybe be caused by trauma or having operations when a baby, is there any truth to this?

Its stressing me out as my son was in NICU for 2 weeks and had an operation at around 8 months old, plus infection at around 3 months had lumber punctures etc. Has he got more chance of autism because of this?

My sons got global developmental delay, hes not been diagnosed with anything yet, he will probably be having bloods and an MRI in 6 months if no improvement and autism has been mentioned to me amongst other things and im driving myself mad thinking maybe he is, no he is definitely fine, no theres something wrong etc etc etc :cry:

Its hard to say. My family has genetic autism which has effected everyone from my great-grandfather to my son on my dads side of the family. I'm almost 100% convinced that my unborn child will also be autistic in some shape or form.

However, some isn't as bad. All my family have gotten married, had kids, some have good jobs, some have degrees and my cousin is even working on the postgraduate. The early years are hard, but for some odd reason my family come into their element at the age of 11.

There is a name for behaviour after skull trauma and operations. Its not autism but very similar. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->