Autism question

JaniceT

Mum to a gorgeous boy.
Reaction score
My niece has bite marks on her body that she sustained when in special needs school. Would like to know is Autistic children have tendencies of biting themselves?

My son bites his fingers and his finger nails down to next to nothing if hes stressed xx

Thank you ladies. Gonna visit her mum tomorrow. My niece is going to be admitted to hospital for a few checks to see if there's been abuse :-(

I hope so too. Although the bite marks are worrisome, it's something else that worries them more. They just brought her to see a psychologist and she has a lot of pent up anger, afraid of the toilets, etc. Tomorrow's check is with ObGyn. Am praying that God is watching over her.

My daughter does not bite, never has...and has never bitten anyone else. :hugs:

I hope so too. Although the bite marks are worrisome, it's something else that worries them more. They just brought her to see a psychologist and she has a lot of pent up anger, afraid of the toilets, etc. Tomorrow's check is with ObGyn. Am praying that God is watching over her.

My daughter has always been afraid of toilets...

Good news! She was admitted to hospital and put under general anesthesia, ObGyn checked her very thoroughly. Nothing amiss and no old scaring. thank heavens!!!

She has been taken off Ritalin a few weeks ago as it didn't augur well with her. Now she is on another medication that is not supposed to decrease her appetite or have such adverse side effects as Ritalin. However, she is not eating. She has always been super hyperactive but now is very quiet and sits at the window staring outside for an hour. Is this sudden change from one continuum to the other end of it normal? She is 11 years old.

My daughter has always been afraid of toilets...

My niece has not been afraid of toilets until recently. Her behavior has also changed in other ways. Hence we do wonder if there is something else that has changed her.

Wow, well at that age, you would think so! I mean...it isn't just puberty, is it?

Nope not puberty related. The puberty stuff has been explained by the doctors. Until now, still unable to figure out why she is suddenly sitting quietly like a statue and refusing to eat anything for days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->