Autumn/Winter clothing?

mazndave

Mummy of 1 + bump!
Reaction score
Does anyone know roughly when shops start selling their Autumn/Winter range (specifically baby/kids clothes)?

Baby is due 3rd September and I've got a few summery things in newborn and 0-3, but want to wait until there's more Autumnal stuff out to get the majority of it. Got a feeling it'll be the very end of August which means I'll probably have to wait until she's here to get it, rather than being able to stock up on stuff beforehand and satisfy my urge to buy things! (I've already bought loads of spring/summer clothing on offer in 6-9 and 9-12 just because I NEEDED to buy things as soon as I found out she was a girl! Just hope clothes fit her true to size like they do for my son, otherwise she'll have lots of pretty summer clothes for next winter lol)

Next stuff should be available by the beginning of August. Not sure about anything else x

Could you not try ebay/sale sites for some basics (which will be cheap now as it's not the right season) and then top up closer to the time so you're not buying an entire wardrobe in one go?

I'd go for Ebay and just buy BNWT if you don't want pre-loved

Could you not try ebay/sale sites for some basics (which will be cheap now as it's not the right season) and then top up closer to the time so you're not buying an entire wardrobe in one go?

I'd go for Ebay and just buy BNWT if you don't want pre-loved

Good idea, I'd not thought of that. Although I'm sure I'd still end up wanting to buy lots once it all hits the shops anyway!

How about just stocking up on sleepsuits and vests, socks, leggings and tops which are seasonless for newborns, and then getting snowsuits/jumpers when you need them. September is still quite warm so for a while you should be okay. Also I think a lot of shops have cardigans and little baby jumpers all year round because obviously they need to be wrapped up in most British weather.

Newborn clothes don't tend to vary much with the seasons imo. Ds had some short sleeved baby grows which I put cardigans with and socks, same with his little romper suit. We had some really warm weather in September and October when he s born so I liked having layers xx

It's more the colours than the styles to be honest, there are plenty of sleepsuits I could get (plan to only dress in those rather than outfits for first couple of months anyway, as I did my son) but they're all pink and summery. I'm hoping for some more Autumnal colours like navy, teal, purple, burnt orange, red etc.

Try the boy's sections? Also it's not autumn colours but Gap have the loveliest neutral baby stuff.

Yeah, I've always wanted the opportunity to buy girls clothes but the sea of pink is so uninspiring sometimes! Everyone loves a little bit of pink, but I don't want a wardrobe full of it. I got a gorgeous tartan smock dress in navy, burgundy and burnt orange, I'd love to be able to get more in those sort of colours. I'll have a look at the boys sleepsuits, but then they all tend to have cars on or dogs! I should buy white ones and then dye them but don't want to risk irritating her skin x

I always think boots mini club have some nice colours for girls

It's more the colours than the styles to be honest, there are plenty of sleepsuits I could get (plan to only dress in those rather than outfits for first couple of months anyway, as I did my son) but they're all pink and summery. I'm hoping for some more Autumnal colours like navy, teal, purple, burnt orange, red etc.
https://www.jako-o.com/products-bab...OI3G2AeK8_PRO_2FceqBF0A_PRO_3D&elementPos=270

Also this site is full of cute unisex clothes, i always buy clothes there .

Baby girl stuff that isn't pink is so hard to find (at least here). I found the selection got so much better as she got older :thumbup: of course now she LOVES pink haha.

Here they start putting fall stuff out in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->