Average weight gain on here ?? I need help

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
So I'm normally on the verge of underweight at 7st 10 I've gained 10lbs and I'm 16+5 I'm roughly 2lbs above the average gain According to my app and it's making me feel a bit down and crappy was just wondering what everyone else had gained by this point to see if it's normal or I'm gaining way too much like my app says I am . At about 14/15 weeks I gained like 3lbs in one week lol

Here is my total weight gain so far, I am currently 25 weeks:

1st Trimester: 10lbs total gained
2nd Trimester: On track for 20lbs total gained (2lb/week)

I am hoping that it starts to slow down in the 3rd tri as I believe you should only gain 1lb/week. So that would bring my total gain to +43lb.

I have been feeling a bit down lately about it too. But my OB hasn't mentioned my weight gain and I know every pregnancy it different. Plus, you will build the baby how your body builds it.

Hang in there, we are almost there!

"Healthy" is 25-35 lbs throughout the entire pregnancy. Up to 5 lbs in first tri. 12-14 pounds in the entire second trimester. 10-14 pounds in the entire third trimester. That's 1-2 lbs every week and no more than 2 pounds in one week.

I'm overweight, so I don't need to gain much. I was last weighed at 20 weeks and hadn't gained anything yet. I'll be weighed again this Friday, but I'm sure I still haven't gained much if anything.

But I WILL say this... having a week or two of gaining more than usual isn't terrible and isn't gonna make you end up on that "600 Pound Life" show. Haha. You'll be just fine. You just keep eating healthy and making sure your baby gets the proper nutrients, and your body will pretty much do what it wants to do anyway.

Weight gain kind of comes in spurts, it doesn't always predict a trend! I wasn't weighing myself when I got pregnant, but 107 is the "starting weight" my OB-GYN has for me so I use it too. Once I got my appetite back after my MS I put on quite a bit -- my doctor said I'd gained up to 114 by the end of the first tri! That's seven pounds, which is more than is recommended. Last week I'd gained up to 19-ish pounds at about 25 weeks, but now I'm at 26 and have lost a little because my appetite slowed down. So now I'm at like 15/16 pounds for 26 weeks. It bounces around a lot. Some weeks I gain three pounds, then I'll go two weeks without gaining anything. Ten pounds at 16 weeks sounds totally reasonable and normal to me, especially if you were thinner to start with -- if you're nearly underweight, then you need to gain 28-40 pounds.

I started pregnancy at 133lbs. I'm 5'7, so considered to be smack bang in the middle of a healthy BMI.

I dropped to 126lbs by week 8 due to MS but was back up to 133lbs by my 12 week scan (actually at 13 weeks). That was despite still suffering badly and not really eating all that much!

My midwife doesn't weigh me so I didn't weigh myself again until week 27ish and I'd shot up to 155lbs.. so I put on 22lbs in the second trimester! I was aiming for a 25lb weight gain overall so that threw me!

I now just don't weigh myself. I don't really care. I know I eat pretty healthily and I don't eat much fast food etc. My clothes fit fine and I look like your average pregnant person I think! I've found pregnancy tough going so if I want an extra biscuit, I'll have one! I'll loose the weight once I'm not growing a small human and my body feels more like it used too!

Thanks guys it's definitely made me feel a bit better , I'm just trying so hard this time to not gain to much extra . I find it hard to deal with until I have a bump because I never really get a bump so I just look like a chubby girl with fat thighs hahaha

I gained 5lbs in first tri, and so far in 2nd tri I've gained a further 8lbs so am 13lbs up at 23 weeks. More than I'd like to have gained but I think it's on track.

If you started underweight then you will gain more than the average. It's totally natural. And everyone gains what is right is right for them, so try not to stress. I started just under "overweight" for my height. I went through had depression and gained 20lbs in a year and had just started losing it when I got pregnant. But I'm still in the 25-35 average gain rules

I gained 3 my first tri. And 1-1.5lbs per week since 12 weeks. I ate a crap today so feeling the weight but I gained 14 since week 12, or 1.3 lbs a week.

Finally hit 150. I am not amused. I want to be back down to pre pregnancy weight by a year post birth (115). I've never been this heavy ever and it kills me.

I'm almost 25 weeks and I've put on about 22lbs. I was overweight to begin with and I never had MS. I've heard that us bigger girls should only aim to gain 11-20lbs, but my OB doesn't seem concerned at this point. I'm still eating more sugary/bad foods than I should/would like too. I honestly think I'm addicted. But at least I've continued to workout.

You shouldn't compare yourself to others! Just because you seem to gain more (let alone if you really end up gaining more than 'average') doesn't mean you'll have trouble losing it, or that you're eating too much, or that your body is doing something wrong. Really, as long as you are not having major binges all the time, your body is gaining what it feels like it needs for you and baby to be healthy. Trust your body, even though I know that can be hard! :)

With my son I gained a lot in the first trimester and almost nothing in the second and third trimester, totalling about 24 lbs. I didn't eat much the first trimester so was very surprised that most of my weight gain happened in that period. In third trimester all I could eat without horrible heartburn was milkshakes and icecream so I ate like a pig and didn't gain anything really. Every body (and pregnancy) is different! I'm always at the verge of being underweight as well. This pregnancy I started lower than my first pregnancy and lost 8 lbs so far (HG).

Every person is going to be different! I'm obese and should only gain 11-20 according to the American guidelines (though my doctor tells me 15-25 *shrugs*). If you're underweight to start, then you're supposed to be gaining more for your baby (and a good percentage of that is going to be baby, placenta, increased blood volume, etc.). If you're really worried, talk to your doctor about it.

I have MS without vomiting and I've been eating every 2 hours or so to cope (and not always healthily). I even introduced juice, which I never ever consumed before getting pregnant. Despite that, I lost 5 pounds in the first 8 weeks and have maintained the same weight since. My only explanation for this would be that I must have had a big metabolism jump. I'm waiting for my bad habits to catch up with me in the second trimester.

My first pregnancy I was overweight and only gained 16. After my DS was born, I lost a significant amount of weight (71 lbs) and was back to healthy. Then I got pregnant again and the second time gained 67 lbs. I asked my OB about it and she said every pregnancy is different and your body will gain what it needs to sustain healthy baby.

I know it's hard to gain (this second time was just killer) but it WILL come off after baby. Your body knows what it needs to keep you and baby healthy- as long as your doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't worry about it (easier said than done i know)

Your body will do what it's going to do. You decide what goes in, it decides what to do with it! I gained almost 60lbs with ds, this time around I've gained 11lbs at 21 weeks. I am a little more active and my eating habits are generally better but not drastically. Even how the weight has distributed has been different this time around.

As everyone else has said--don't stress about the weight gain, worry about your overall health. My sister-in-law Is very thin... she gained 60 pounds in both of her pregnancies. That's what her body said she needed. I am a big girl and gained 13 pounds my first pregnancy and went home from the hospital at less than pre-pregnancy weight. This time, I'm halfway through and am still down 10 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, but haven't changed my eating habits at all. I'm sure that my body will take what it needs to make sure my baby is healthy. I'll do my best not to stress as the number on the scale goes up. As tough as it is--I'd recommend you do the same.

I was 10 pounds overweight at the start of the pregnancy and have gained about a pound a week, and I'm not even eating much! I think we just need to trust our bodies as much as possible.

I've decided to get my husband to hide my scales from me and I'm only allowed them once a week that way I can't get too obsessed with it as I know I will ! :( I don't think I'll ever get over my stupid eating disorder .
On the bright side this is the first time I've been strong enough to do this so that's a start . Just going to let my body do its thing and hope for the best lol haha X

I worry about my weight gain, but have been told numerous times you will gain what your body needs to in order to sustain pregnancy, I've worked really hard on keeping my weight gain as low as I can without sacrificing nutrients to my child. I have gained 9.4 lbs (103-112.4lbs) and I'm 2 days off 22 weeks. But like everyone else had said, it's all individual and your body will do what it wants no matter what!!

I had gained 8 pounds at 14 weeks. Im 15.5 weeks now and I'm trying not to get on the scale. I gained 55 pounds with my first child and trying not to have a redo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->