Avoiding foods that may cause allergies until 1 year old?

grumpymoo

Happy Mummy!
Reaction score
Is anyone doing this because of Eczema, asthma, hayfever or allergies in their family?

Edit to include- possibly avoiding Wheat, dairy, peanuts, chocolate etc

Were gonna avoid peanuts because OH has VERY BAD hayfever! x x x

I think it is different guidelines for different foods. We have to avoid peanuts until 5 years due to high risk of allergy, and we have some risk with other foods but have been told to introduce them one at a time after 6 months. So far no problems with dairy or wheat....

We have all the allergies so am rather concerned. Rose already has bad eczema without those foods:nope:

I'm avoiding peanuts and hv only just started introducing dairy (cheese). We dont really hv allergies in the family except dh with hayfever, but I'm following the general guidelines given here... more or less...
I just dont want her to get to a year and then POOF, introduce all these allergen foods all at once so we are starting slowly now... I'm so paranoid, I only give her new stuff during the day and when I'm home so we can run to the docs if necessary!? :dohh: :blush:

yep im asthmatic and have hay fever and oh had excema as a child so i did ff till 6month then started baby led weaning and have left out the foods reccomended to leave out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->