Babies EVERYWHERE.

WhereisBabyL

Reaction score
Okay is it just me or does everyone else feel like they are the only couple within their group of same aged friends/relatives without children?!? Omg everywhere I turn someone is pregnant. Or birthing. Or finding out the sex. I WANT IT TO BE MY TURN.
Now granted this is only our 2nd cycle trying but we decider to start trying back in early jan. We couldn't though bc my hubby was away for work. So we've only been thru one cycle. AF was a day late and I was so convinced that we had done it on the first try! Uhhhh now just waiting Til ovulation and I need some chit chat. Lol
How long does it take to conceive for most people? We are both mid 20s, been married almost 3 years. Ready to be parents!!! Just gotta be patient.
Anyone else have the same feelings? Haha

I know what you mean. The running joke at our office is to not drink the water since so many people are always pregnant/ getting pregnant. It can be very hard to hear when you are in limbo and ttc. Hoping we get to join the club soon :)

I know I am one of those people that have a child but I never noticed babies until I was trying to get pregnant. Then it seemed like everyone was pregnant. 5 of my cousins were pregnant and all due at least 2 months ahead of me. It was nuts. Then one of my cousins found out she was pregnant with twins. Babies everywhere!!

I am totally with you guys. College friends. Celebrities. People at work. I have decided if/when I do get pregnant I won't be posting anything on any social media about it because I don't want to add to the madness and I'm so sensitive now to other people's struggles (especially after a miscarriage in November).

I had to unfollow a friend on social media because every day she posts what she's craving and every week she gives an update of how far along she is. It's like we kind of know how far along you are by now you tell us every week!!! 2 of her friends (including myself) are ttc and it's pretty insensitive, but instead of mentioning it, it's easier to just ignore her.

I am totally with you guys. College friends. Celebrities. People at work. I have decided if/when I do get pregnant I won't be posting anything on any social media about it because I don't want to add to the madness and I'm so sensitive now to other people's struggles (especially after a miscarriage in November).
coucou, you took all the words out of my mouth.:friends:

I had to unfollow a friend on social media because every day she posts what she's craving and every week she gives an update of how far along she is. It's like we kind of know how far along you are by now you tell us every week!!! 2 of her friends (including myself) are ttc and it's pretty insensitive, but instead of mentioning it, it's easier to just ignore her.
i TRY to remind myself that people who over post on social media may have also tried for years to get pregnant, but then if that WAS the case, wouldn't they be more sensitive to what it feels like to be trying and have other people post so much...?:growlmad: i've unfollowed people too, without a second thought!:hugs:

I find it extremely hard. We've been trying for nearly a year now, and every time I hear of another pregnancy announcement or update, I feel like crying. It makes me angry, and upset. I'm always thinking to myself "do they know how lucky they are just to fall pregnant accidentally, without even trying!?" As I often see people write it was a surprise pregnancy etc. If this isn't our month, I've said to OH I don't know how much longer I can keep trying :( so sick of the upset and dissappointment now. X

For most fertile, normal couples it can take up to 1 year but I think the average is 6-8 months. Your chances are only between 15-20% each month even if you time things right. Although the older you are, the lower the chances. At your age you can first seek help after 1 year of actively trying.

My DH and I have been TTC #1 for 1 year and 5 months, I'm 35 going on 36 and DH is 37 so we're older:winkwink: My chances when we started were only around 12% and they fall every 3 months or so and before IUI we were down to around 6%. Just starting our 3rd IUI. We're also pretty much the last ones standing in our age group (except for 1 guy but he fairly recently got a new girlfriend so....). Sad thing is all of our friends with kids have pretty much abandoned us so we're not confronted constantly with babies and kids. Unfortunately typical in this country for people with kids to either drop entirely or dramatically reduce how often they see their childless friends.

I find it extremely hard. We've been trying for nearly a year now, and every time I hear of another pregnancy announcement or update, I feel like crying. It makes me angry, and upset. I'm always thinking to myself "do they know how lucky they are just to fall pregnant accidentally, without even trying!?" As I often see people write it was a surprise pregnancy etc. If this isn't our month, I've said to OH I don't know how much longer I can keep trying :( so sick of the upset and dissappointment now. X

I also get really upset when people say "well you have 1 child already, you should be happy you have that". Well of course I am but I am ttc my 2nd and my hubby's 1st. Although he has been raising my DD since birth, we still want a child together. No matter if it's your 1st or 4th child you are ttc, it is still stressful and emotionally draining.

I also get really upset when people say "well you have 1 child already, you should be happy you have that". Well of course I am but I am ttc my 2nd and my hubby's 1st. Although he has been raising my DD since birth, we still want a child together. No matter if it's your 1st or 4th child you are ttc, it is still stressful and emotionally draining.

We're in exactly the same boat! We're trying for my second, but it'll my partners first. I get so worked up that it's just not happening for us, I even panic that he'll end up leaving me if I can't give him a baby of his own :( he says I'm stupid for thinking like that, and that he loves my LO like she's his own, but I still worry. I know exactly what you mean though, the hospital told us they wouldn't help with any fertility treatment as I already have one, so I can get pregnant.. broke my heart! X

We're in exactly the same boat! We're trying for my second, but it'll my partners first. I get so worked up that it's just not happening for us, I even panic that he'll end up leaving me if I can't give him a baby of his own :( he says I'm stupid for thinking like that, and that he loves my LO like she's his own, but I still worry. I know exactly what you mean though, the hospital told us they wouldn't help with any fertility treatment as I already have one, so I can get pregnant.. broke my heart! X

If you need help getting pregnant they should help you. You should go elsewhere. ..jerks. I put so much pressure on myself to get pregnant because I want to give him a baby, but I need to stop. He is very calm about it and go with the flow.

Everyone is telling me not to "stress out" and just "let it happen" but I feel like if I just threw all of my knowledge out the window we would never have sex in the right timing!!! I don't trust myself and I want kids now!

Everyone is telling me not to "stress out" and just "let it happen" but I feel like if I just threw all of my knowledge out the window we would never have sex in the right timing!!! I don't trust myself and I want kids now!

I get so mad when people say that! I tried to "just let it happen" for 1.5 yrs and it didn't so now I have to opk, temp and calculate when to bd. People also say "stop trying and it will happen"...uh yeah because that worked.

I get so mad when people say that! I tried to "just let it happen" for 1.5 yrs and it didn't so now I have to opk, temp and calculate when to bd. People also say "stop trying and it will happen"...uh yeah because that worked.

Right?! So stupid. If I don't know when or IF I ovulate how the heck will I get pregnant?? We aren't one of those couples who are in the sack everyday! Haahha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->