Babies sitting up un supported

oOKayOo

Reaction score
It seems alot of your LOs are crawling and sitting up unaided.

Ella isnt yet , she can sit up but wont be long till she flops to one side, she has been trying to crawl for over 3 weeks but just rocking back and forth like a mad woman :lol:

But im alittle worried with her ability to be able to sit on her own? She is 7 months , im sure she should be able to do it? I know every baby does things in there own time and at different ages , im just alittle concerned and wondered if its 'ok' for her not to be able to sit Yet ?

I ask this because i have a 'development' test in two weeks.

charlies just started sitting up without being wobbly the last few days the pediatrician told us that he should be sitting up without support before 8 months he had to ask me everything he was doing due to his meningitis , she will prob be sitting up soon dont worry xx

Hi hun,
Lily was born same day as Ella and is literally just started being able to do this in the last week. A month or so ago the HV said dont worry as long as they do it before 8-9 months, some babies just take a bit longer. Im sure ella will be crawling a walking within a few months!

Dec didnt sit by himself until 7.5 months, he was crawling before he could sit. My little nephew didnt sit on his own until 10 months!!! Dont worry hun as long as she is doing it by 10 months she will be fine. Wait and see now that you have posted this she will do it !!!

My nephew was about 8months before he sat unaided hun x

hey ciarans has just started to sit up he was wobbling for a few weeks there :p he still falls to the 1 side and that but hes getting there :d

Grace can sit herself up because she's really strong and if she's lying on my knee she pulls herself up with my fingers to sit up. But if I sit her against the back of the couch it doesn't take long for her to fall to the side :s

Caitlyn has been sitting by herself for a little while. She hurts herself when she wants something behind her because she twists and falls! :dohh: I wouldn't say she was completely unsupported yet. She has the odd fall

Jack falls over sometimes to espically if someone walk behind him he as he tries to look at them x

:hugs: i'm sure little ella will do it when she's ready, she developing wonderfully honey and you're doing a great job, i really worried as maddi's head was unstable for ages (seemed to go backwards from birth :dohh:) but i try not to worry now, just no they all get there in their own time :hugs: x x x

Sam was sitting but still falling to the sides at 7 months too - he was spending too much time belly slithering around the floor to bother with sitting. You'll probably see a big difference in the next couple of weeks. We've suddenly had everything in about 2 weeks - standing, sitting himself up and staying there (I mean actually getting himself off his belly into a sitting position), crawling, teeth! x

Well maybe she will crawl first , i saw her take one litle crawl and then flomped to the floor !

Thanks for the replies girls , made me feel alot better ;)

Max can sit alone for about 5 min then flops over to his side lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->