babies stressed by choice of buggy... Yahoo

csmummu

Home to Charlie.
Reaction score
I look but couldnt see this posted...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081121/tuk-babies-stressed-out-by-buggies-45dbed5.html

I think theres some truth in it I didnt have a facing me buggy but then again caitlin isnt stressed and shes sooooooooo independant! but then again her speech isnt clear. Something to think about!

I heard about this. MY pram is facing me but i dont know if it would make a difference it it wasnt. Interesting though, i wonder if its true??
xx

I have a forward facing pram. I heard a horror story from my gran. A girl in her street had an awayfacing pram and she was shopping when someone came up to her and said her baby didn't look right. He was bright blue and had stopped breathing and unfortunately died :(

ethans pram faces away from me and he his a happy chap but at 20 month still doesnt talk much

This is why I liked the pram we've bought - BebeConfort Loola - because you can have it either facing you, or facing away..........best of both worlds!

All my kids have been in faceing away buggies and they have never had a problem with their speech, i was always popping my head over the hood though playing peep with them.

Most buggies face away from the parents. Kids have been riding in these biggies for decades. If you look closer at the article it says that parents with buggies facing them talked more the kids - a more likely explanation for any difficulties developing in the kids in away facing buggies. The moral of the story - very simple, don't ignore your kid!

I'd prefer to have the baby facing me whilst they're really small, but I think as they get bigger, it's more interesting for them to see what's going on in the rest of the world. There's no reason why you can't still talk and interact with them if they're facing away from you. I just probably wouldn't give them anything they could choke on while i couldn't see.

I had a rear facing (Facing away) pram with both mine , But had a peep window on the hood so i could see them , They both developed at different stages .
Thsi time i have a pramette forward facing then rear facing as they get older ! , So will be strange for me this time . xxxx .

i like to see what babies are doing when they younger,
my friends baby was sitting forward and he got ash on his eye from a cigrette and she hadnt noticed till someone saw him rubbing his face.
i just like to chat to them and see what their doing and make sure they arent choking etc and interact more, when they get bigger they like to look forward for walks in the park feeding the ducks but for the first 18 months or so its nice to look at them,

in older days when i was a baby (70's) i was in my big silver cross pram till i was 2 and didnt go in a buggy at all i went on reins and i walked everywhere and thats how its been for years up until later on.
x

It makes sense that if they're not being spoken to their language wouldn't develop as much, I suppose they wouldn't hear their parents talking to other people either?

I'm babywearing and not having a buggie at all if I can - think that'll be even better for language development :)

x

I would have thought it is much more to do with how attentive the parents are and also the age of the baby. They get to an age where many of them like to see where they are going and will crane around to see. I've also seen tiny babies in strollers/pushchairs that are not only away-facing but have no proper support for them.

I think once they are confident at sitting up, and so long as the parents keep checking and engaging with them regularly, there should be no problem with them facing outward.

When they are tiny though, it makes more sense to be able to see them and have them see you. It's common sense really.

It makes sense that if they're not being spoken to their language wouldn't develop as much, I suppose they wouldn't hear their parents talking to other people either?

I'm babywearing and not having a buggie at all if I can - think that'll be even better for language development :)

x

Me too!
As a primate, I think it's very important to have baby attached to you somewhere at all times! :)
I've read so much good stuff about babywearing, and it's so much easier than trying to navigate a big stroller around (especially in the slush and snow of Calgary). I have a secondhand stroller, but I plan to have baby as an essential part of my wardrobe for the first few months! :)

i got the loola up cos i wanted the baby to be facing me, but wanted to be able to face it out aswell, im also planning on making a sling so i'll be a babywearing mama too hehe, at least for the first few months, although the pram i got said it is suitable from newborn i dont like the look of it much cos its not dead flat, i know a sling wont be either but at least itll be the position shes been used to for 9 months, she wouldnt have been in it if it had been bad for her would she!

x

Oh I went to NYC as a small child and was in a face front stroller and it freaked me out not being able to see Mom and all the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->