Babies swimming and injections

A

AppleBlossom

Grace won't be having her 8 weeks injections until we get back off holiday, can I still take her swimming?

Also I was thinking, Doctors and midwives are so strict about how we have to use fresh boiled water for bottles and make them up one at a time but they don't mind and even advise you to take your LO swimming where the pool water that your LO is likely to swallow a fair amount of is full of chlorine and other peoples germs... hmm strange lol

you don't have to wait. You used to have to as the vaccines contained live polio but not anymore! Enjoy! its great fun

we are taking jack swimming soon hes my little water baby x

We have been taking Hannah swimming for the last 5 weeks - she seems to love it, kicking her legs loads!

Bella loves it as well. She kicks like mad on her front and on her back and was giggling the whole time

Marlowe has been swimming loads as we just went on holiday. She first went swimming at 6 weeks and loved it. She doesn't mind the cold water at all. We even took her to the beach and dunked her feet in the cold med sea, which got a smile out of her. Have a great time and I hope your LO loves it as well!

Dunno if I've got a silly HV or what by looking at other replies, but I was told a month ago I had to wait until third lot of injections.

I was told to wait with Mikey aswell as you can never be too sure.

My HV said after the 2nd lot of injections at least. Because you dont know what everyone else going swimming has x

I was told after the second lot of injections.

I've been told injections odn't matter; it's the temperature of the water to watch out for. M/w said we should wait till 6 weeks probs so my blood flow and lady bits sorted.

why oh why is the advice always so condradictory (sp)! we were told after first set of injections, but i have read it doesn't matter. not sure what we're going to do, may speak to trust GP, i do hate all this differing advice, i feel like i never no what to do for the best. :hug: to all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->