babies weight gain slowed down

louise0501

Reaction score
Hi, my LO is 8 weeks old and got him weighed last week and they were concerned that he hasnt put on much weight in the last few weeks. I am breastfeeding and im feeding him when he wants it so i dont get it. The health visitor is coming tound tomorrow to have a chat and im really worried now im not feeding him right. Gas anyone experienced this befire? Any advice?

Please reply
Love louise x

Not all doctors are well versed in breastfed babies. Babies go through highs and lows and do not always gain at an exact rate. You said your babies weight gain has slowed... Is your baby still gaining at all? Does he seems happy? Does he have enough wet and poopy diapers? if so I'd trust the baby not the scale. it's one the hardest parts of breastfeeding not knowing if youre giving enough or doing it right

Babies gain an average of 4-8oz a week, I have come across doctors who have no clue about this and think anything less than 1lb (16oz) a week is poor weight gain however since you didn't mention what was considered as poor weight gain with your baby, it is hard to tell. Some babies are just more lean, but perfectly healthy, my youngest now never gained more than 7oz a week, then this slowed down to 5oz a week and he is now gaining 3.5oz a week. It's just how he is and the doctor is really happy with him xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->