Baby #2 not moving down

wishfulone

Reaction score
Hello, all! I Am 38 weeks with baby#2. At my checkup yesterday, my cervix was still closed and I am only at -4 station (so barely anywhere). With DD#1, my cervix was still high/closed at 42 weeks and I needed to be induced to get it moving. I have some cervicil ripening stuff in the hospital and it threw me into full-blown labor with 3-minute contractions. It took 20 hours of that before my daughter was born.
I am worried that I will have to go through that again but I REALLY want to go into labor naturally this time around. I started EPO last week, although it hasnt done anything yet. I am going for walks, using my birthing ball, and doing some baby wrapping with my Rebozo to lift. I will keep trying.

Do anyone have any stories where they're baby was still a little higher station but they went into spontaneous labor right after? I could use some encouragement right now :) Thank you!!

I've heard that second babies very rarely drop into engaged position before labour, (something to do with there being more room to move in and out) so it sounds normal.

As pp said I've read that with second babies they usually don't drop until right before or during labor. So I wouldn't worry too much :)

I have heard of woman showing absolutely no signs and then going into labor naturally in the same day. I was like 2cm dilated and fully effaced at 38 weeks and still went past my due date, so I'm not going to read too much into it this time. Have you just been taking EPO orally? I was taking it orally in the morning and I would also insert a couple capsules every night before bed.. as high up in your vagina as you can. This is also supposed to help "ripen" the cervix. Wear a panty liner though because it does seep out, especially if your getting up a lot during the night to pee. I used the seepage to message my perineum too. Really weird I know, but anything to make labor easier right?!

Thanks for the reassurance. I just do not want to go through what I went through last time.
I have done EPO orally as well, 1000mg a day for the past week but I was feeling nauseous and had diarrhea the last few days, and I think that may have been the cause. Therefore, I stopped taking it orally and am putting 1000mg vaginally at night only now.

I just had my 1st 1 week ago who never would drop for me. I went into labor naturally at 40 weeks exactly and my little one was born the next day. He never did drop even at 10 cm and I was able to push for 3 hours while doc was busy with c-sections and he came down... it was tough but he's here. My water never broke since he never dropped so they had to break it.

My 2nd and 3rd babies never dropped until labour. But they were over due 40+5 and 41+1. Both spontaneous labours though.

thank you so much for you experiences! I am starting to get into a better mindset about my situation. At 39 weeks, still at a -4 station and no dilation, but more confident that it could change in a moment. I guess I never dilated before labor with my 1st and had to be induced and I just don't want that again. I am trying to be more patient now.

Softcups after sex for 4-12 hours! I swear by it! Did this with both of my daughters and dilated 2cm in 2 days and increased effacement by 50%. This was prior to my scheduled inductions at 36 and 38 weeks. Docs were amazed at the rapid changes as they were anticipating having to "prep my cervix" prior to induction and did not have to either time. Good luck!

Softcups after sex for 4-12 hours! I swear by it! Did this with both of my daughters and dilated 2cm in 2 days and increased effacement by 50%. This was prior to my scheduled inductions at 36 and 38 weeks. Docs were amazed at the rapid changes as they were anticipating having to "prep my cervix" prior to induction and did not have to either time. Good luck!

Sorry, what are 'softcups'? Hubby and I have begun dtd daily now and I am getting in more walking and sitting on my exercise ball. EPO just makes me feel too ill so I Am not messing around with that one anymore.

They are a menstrual cup that will keep the semen next to your cervix to help ripen it.

I dont know if that interests me any. We usually have sex in the evening and then I am able to just lay down. But that is an interesting concept.

At my appointment today, the baby was between -2 and -3 station - so it has moved down a bit more! and I am nearly 50% thinned. This gave me some hope, which is all we can really cling to right now as we just do not know when our days will be or how things will turn out. I know that really things can change in either direction quite rapidly or slowly, it just felt good to hear things are moving a hair in the right direction at this point.

Just wondering if you had your baby yet and how things progressed?! Hope all is well. :)

No baby as of right now, but due date is tomorrow, so there is still time. My next doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning and we will see how things are going at that point. It could be any minute and I can wait a couple of days, just hoping I don't end up as far past as my first.
How are you?

Doing well. 33+3. Having weekly ultrasounds. Just trying to enjoy every moment as this is my last and I am very busy with school full time and 2 other little ones. I have a feeling he will come the end of September, which will be a couple of weeks early, but we will see. I'll probably still be waddling around come October! ;)

Is everything ok? What is the reason behind your weekly ultrasounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->