Baby ALWAYS on right side

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies :)
Anyone else's babe favour one side of your belly? This little boy has always been on my right and the further along I get the more he sticks his whole back / bum out on my right ! My left side actually feels squishy and my right side is always hard , feels like you can literally rub his back !

Haha! My daughter was always on my right side, too. The same way. Right side almost always stuck out more than the left and was hard to the touch.

My Ava loves the right side too. Though now she's bigger she fills the whole space but still tries to push out the left side :haha:

Yep she was always on the right in second tri. And now in third she's still favoring the right. But since she's bigger she stretches into the middle too. I pretty much never feel her on the left!

So funny ! I wonder if the right side has more room in there ? It seems to be the favorite side for most !

Well, the left side has our stomachs which expand with food periodically, so maybe there IS a little more room on the right. ;)

They tend to lie one way or the other, but usually move more to the left ahead of birth as the way they twist down the birth canal is easier and quicker from the left, so it's a more ideal position. But how they lie can have a lot to do with position of the placenta (which could be anywhere really) and also your posture. If you're right handed, for instance, you might have a tendency to sit funny while you work or cross your legs a certain way, which misaligns the pelvis, so it would make sense maybe that would lead to a right sided position. My daughter was always on the right even up til birth, but I do have an SI joint instability, which is basically the joint on the right side of pelvis being out of whack and popping in and out (it always does it, nothing to do with pregnancy), so that tends to twist the pelvis in a funny way. My guess is it might have to do just with posture and sitting to favour one side or the other. Good thing is they often move as you get further along, but even if they don't, that's fine too.

Mine always kicks me on the right. I think he favours lying in much to same position that my first did as the kicks are in a similar place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->