Baby Amelia is here - 39+3

MrsCeder

Mum to Amelia 6/6/13
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thought I would share my birth story, it was very traumatic but feeling very positive.

I phoned l&d due to leaking fluid over the past few days, thought it was just increased discharge, went into hospital to discover it was the hind waters trickling out. I was told I was dilated and cervix was favourable and that I would need to be induced! I burst into tears as I was expecting to be going home. They decided to give me a pessary to increase my contractions as I wasn't having many tightenings. A few hours past and I was in a lot of pain but still only 2cm dilated, at this point babies heartbeat had lowered and was not recovering. I was moved to a bigger room and babies heartbeat recovered, however a few mins later same thing happened and they decided they needed to an emergency section under general anaesthetic. It was such a blur, I had so many people surrounding my bed preparing me for theatre....very scary.

6.5 hrs after entering the hospital I had my baby girl Amelia at 19.12pm weighing 7lbs 3. She needed some help breathing but is absolutely perfect now :happydance: She is also breast feeding brilliantly aswell, I am over the moon.

Sorry it was all abit mad and scary but congratulations on your baby girl!xxx

Congratulations :) I'm happy everything turned out good for the both of you!

Congratulations! Glad you and your little girl are well x

Congrats and welcome to the world baby Amelia! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back