Baby Anjy's Birth Story: First Baby Born @ 37weeks 4days:)

nesSAH

Wifey & Momma
Reaction score
I remember taking the "labor prediction test" someone posted a few weeks ago and I was told my yellow bump:yellow: was going to be EARLY-lol!

Well, she :pink: showed up last Wednesday (June 2nd) at 37 weeks and 4 days OLD!

I was in labor (start of contraction to delivery of baby and placenta) for about 6 HOURS!!!

Here is my SHORT BIRTH STORY:

1:30 a.m:
Was reading in bed when water broke. Felt a warm liquid down my legs and poor sheets :p Woke DH and he told me to call the hospital.
Called the OB-Triage and they told me to wait 30 mins to see if the water keeps coming and/or I start to feel contractions.
Water kept coming, but I did not feel any contractions. Took a shower and headed to hospital.

2:30 a.m
Arrived at Triage and was tested positive for amniotic fluids. Machine showed I was contracting, but I didn't feel a thing :haha:
Then came my very uncomfortable internal exam. Nurse announced I was 1 cm dilatedand should rest now, because I was going to be in for a LOOOOOONG TIME!

3:30 a.m.
I was moved into the delivery room. Shortly after this the rest of my water broke- THEN LABOR PAINS BEGAN! Wow! I never imagine such a pain :haha:
It got worse!!!

[Pain was in the back... but later on, baby changed to a better position and pain was concentrated in the pelvic and lower abdomen]

4:47 a.m.
Nurse started my oxytocin because she felt like the contractions were not strong enough!!! [this is where I should have asked her if she'd every given birth::growlmad:)

Sure enough, my body could still produce more pain! :cry:
She begged me to take the epidural, but our plan was to wait till we could no longer manage the pain.
Another internal exam= 3 cm dilated

6:00 a.m.
DH (who is also a doc.) and nurse talked me into taking a morphine shot. TRUST ME! It did NOTHING!!! It just hurt for no reason.
This time, the pain was getting to the point where I was yelling, screaming and the STOOPPID breathing technique was out of the window. I was crawling up and down my bed, hanging on to rails and having 3-4 contractions right after another!

Nurse decided to check me, GUESS WHAT? I WAS A WHOOPING 9 cm dilated!

The epidural guy was running late, so I had to just endure the pain. I was set for going all the way. However, when I heard he was coming soon, I thought of all the great stories I had heard about the WONDERFUL powers of an epidural, so I decided to give in:

7:45 a.m.
Okay! At 9 cm dilated, the last thing you need is someone asking you to sit still while the drill your back!!! It was horrible. The dude was impatient!!! He had to go do two C-sections, so he screwed up his first insertion!

I felt blood gushing down my back! I was screaming through contractions and the guy was telling me to sit still! Then he announced, he had to do another one!

Phew!

8:00 a.m
Urge to poop began, but the Doc said I had to wait till baby was more descended!
The epidural kicked in and only took 10% of the pain away!!! That was it. I was still feeling EVERYTHING but I was not numb. In my opinion, the epidural did not work :cry:

9:30a.m.
Long story short, I started to push! Through fire!!!

10:07 a.m

37 mins later, my little girl ANJOLA arrived! 6 lbs 1oz 52 cm!
Placenta came 2 mins later and in 10 mins, I was all stitched up! I had 2 tears.

Thanks to the TEAM YELLOW Club & Bump Buddies & all you wonderful ladies for all your help!

We are sooooooooooo thrilled!! She is a small one, but she eats like crazy-lol! Still dealing with lack of sleep :(

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...irst-baby-born-37weeks-4days.html#post5686413

Pics are above in the link!
First Page

She is a cutie, congratulations!!

congrats on little anjola! She's just beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->