Baby Anna October 5th 2010 ~ long

Newt4

Reaction score
I apologize for the bad grammar and spelling as Im really tired.

On Sunday October 3rd I was to be induced with cervadil due to signs of stress and small baby measurements. We got to the hospital and went in to the maternal triage room. We sat there forever to see the doctor and when we finally did she said she cant apply cervadil unless she sees an ultra sound from the last 24hrs. So of we wait again. Finally at 5 pm I got the cervadil and had to be monitored for an hour to check for stress to Anna. After the monitoring we went for a walk around the hospital. About 45 mins I was having contractions that were ~7min apart and not regular. Because of Anna's condition I had to stay the night and have non-stress tests every couple of hrs. The first night was horrible. The night nurses were so chatty and loud that I didnt get any sleep and also I was having contractions every 5 mins - 3 mins now.

Over the next day the day it was the same. A lot of waiting and contractions. The nurse was surprised on how well I was handling them because apparently they showed up strong on the monitor. With a lot of exploring the hospital grounds and bad hospital food we managed to pass the time quickly. Since cervadil can last for 24 hrs I had to wait to have an internal to check my progress. Doc came at 5pm and did a super painful internal (pain was cause by the cervadil and that I had a posterior cervix). I went up from 1cm to 2 cm and from a completely unripe to ripe cervix and could finally be in stage 2 of the induction. The only problem was beds, there were none in the labour section so I had to again wait.

The contraction had faded away because the ceradil was gone and I was finally able to get some rest. At 1am my husband got up to go to the washroom and I thought to myself that I would go too. Peeing was really hard because of the pressure she was putting on me and the swelling the ceradil caused. Anyways I felt a gush........... And some more. I told my husband to grab the nurse I think my waters broke :happydance:. Nurse comes in looks at me and the liquid and hooks me up to the monitor and leaves me in my wet bet for an hour! She never tested the liquid and I still felt like I had to pee. Finally a different nurse comes in a helps me clean up and finally tests the liquid and it was indeed my waters. Anna was coming.

The contractions picked up right away but they werent as intense as the ones cause by the cervadil. I was easily able to breath through them and was told to get some sleep cause labour is coming.

As I was trying to sleep a different nurse came in looked at my monitor strip and said "oh do you want morphine you should have morphine ect... She was really pushing the drugs and I said NO! I am fine. I wasnt even breathing hard during the contraction which were 3 mins apart now.

5am I get moved to the delivery room. Nurse checks me and I am 4-5 cms and other things I cant remember. The hook me up to the pitocin (I wish I had more time to see if labour was going to progress on its own:growlmad:). I have to be hooked up to the stress monitor all of labour so no shower or walking around ☹
15 mins in to pitocin I was really feeling the contractions! They were nasty but I was trying to go as long as possible with out drugs.

The contractions were getting super bad, long and high intensity spikes so I tired gas and air. I think I used it for an hour or so and I found it made me really nauseous. So back to nothing and trying to cope through the pain. From 5am -11am they never did an internal so I had no clue on how I was progressing. At 9:45 I couldn’t take it any more and asked for a walking epidural.

They got the anesthesiologist and apparently she was the best in the hospital. So Im leaning over being held while she was working on my back. I had 5 contractions while she was poking away and new something was wrong because on tv it takes like seconds. So I asked what was taking so long and apparently I have arthritis in my spine (never ever had back pain) and she tried to insert the needle 6 times already. Final she got it in and left. 3 minutes later I got sick and puked. Apparently its very common after an epi. I waited 15 mins and realized that the epi only worked on one side of my body (left) and I was feeling everything in my right. Because of this I had to lay on my side for the rest of labour so gravity could do its job.

At 10:30 the doctor FINALLY came and check how labour was progressing. I was 10cm and fully effaced and at station 3. They could put their fingers around her head and there was a ton of room. The nurse said that she though maybe 3 pushes and she would be out.

The only problem was that the doctor was busy with someone else and so I had to wait.
About 10:45 the nurse said screw it lets start pushing. So I did. I tried the side way delivery position and her head was making some progress but not much so they told me to try swatting. We did that for a while then back then side ways and the whole time my epidural wore off on the one side.

3hrs later we new something was wrong and Anna was having huge deceleration and accelerations and they were very worried. So they inserted the head monitor on her and scrambled. I pushed as hard as I could knowing that she wasnt doing well. After one reading the doctor said she was cutting me open and I agreed. After the Episiotomy I pushed and her head made some progress. The doctor found that her umbilical cord was wrapped around her shoulders so she couldn’t come out. She had huge swelling on her head caused by the 3 hrs pushing. The code green team was called in and after the doctor got the cord out of the way I delivered her quite easily. She was whisked away but the code people and I didn’t even get to see her.

I heard her cry and knew she was ok. At 1:49 pm Anna Sofya was born weighing 6lb 3oz and with a full head if beautiful hair.

The doctor stitched me up and was happy that my girl was ok. The epi had completely wore off on one side so birth was painful but totally worth it. For five hrs after delivery my left leg was still frozen because of all the drugs I had to have. My back was also killing me and still is from all the epidural attempts. I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days because of the trauma of the delivery but we are both doing just fine now:cloud9:

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/newtabix/Photo0082-1.jpg

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/newtabix/44886_487515566256_528336256_7278031_2880730_n.jpg

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/newtabix/40753_487514226256_528336256_7277986_6401600_n.jpg

aww congrats hun...Anna is absolutely beautiful! Sorry you had a hard delivery but both you and her are healthy and it's all over now! Time to get all the cuddle time in you can! I'm pretty jealous of you right now but I'll have my baby soon enough! LOL:hugs:

Anna is just the most adorable baby I have seen, I love that hair!!

The birth sounds like it was tough but as you say you are both healthy and it certainly looks worth it :) Well done you for not caving into the morphine etc, I really dont want to have any opiates either but do worry about how much they'll push them :shrug:

Hopefully I'll be posting my story here soon!

Big :hugs: to you both xx

Congrats!! She is incredibly beautiful! I can't believe how they treated you in the hospital.. :(

she is beautiful, congratulations hun xx

Huge congratulations, she's absolutely gorgeous!!! xxx

Oh hun, she is so so sooooo beautiful!! :cloud9:

I feel so bad that you had such a horrible time at your hospital! What assholes, leaving you to lay in the wet bed, making you wait for a frigging doctor to come, ARGH!!! :hugs: :hugs:

I hope you are getting as much rest as possible, and that your back starts to feel better and you get into a good routine asap. :hugs:

So CONGRATS to you and your OH! She really is so unbelievably gorgeous, I love her little face :)

Sounds like you had a pretty traumatic time with it!! :shock: YOu're right though..she is TOTALLY worth it!! What a darling baby!! <3 :cloud9:

OMG she honestly is to die for, what a gorgeous baby!

I would of been super pissed at being left in a wet bed for an hour and would have gone off my rocket! Grrrr

Congrates hun

Congrats on the birth of Anna, well done for getting through. She is just gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->