Baby being sick after bottle

K

keelykat

Hi, lately Elliot has been sick not long after his bottle. He used to sick a tiny amount if he hadn't burped/got his wind up. But now he's being sick, not long after each bottle even when he's burped. He'll do it silently, and not seem bothered by it (unless it comes up a while after feeding and he'l obviously not like the taste!) but quite a bit comes up now. I've noticed it can be quite clear, like spit, with little bits of milk in it.

I'm getting fed up of sick covered clothes/bibs and the sick coming up quietly-ill blink and he'll be covered!

Why could this be happening? He's still on the same milk, and infacol for colic. My hubby thinks maybe because he has the double dose of infacol maybe this is the watery stuff that coming up? I'm not too sure.

I'll try and get to the doctors monday to see what they say, but any ideas in the mean while? I might try not giving the infacol tomorrow and see how we get on. But im not convinced its that.

keely.

cud be reflux but archie does da same man i no how annoyin it is as he does it silently too....thn u pik him up and hes whole hair is soaked or i am lol x

Yeah, I was gonna say Reflux too. Jess was just diagnosed this and has been on baby gavisgon for it. She used to vomit a little here and there and at least once a day bring up what looks like the whole feed!! Id get soaked and she would. Touch wood, she has only vomited next to nothing-about a tablespoon full now!

i assume you need to get gaviscon off the doctor? i cant see a gp untill monday.....

Well i managed to get in at the walk in clinic-didn't want to wait untill monday in case he was dehydrated or something.

just watch out i found it made archie really constipated which was far worse 4 him it was horrid man xx

we weren't given anything yet, got to keep an eye on it. We were advised to try vari flow teats first aswell.

The clear stuff is whats left after the body has taken the nutrients it needs. In babies this young, as soon as the milk hits the stomach, the necessary nutrients are absorbed. Everything else takes a bit longer, hence the watery stuff. This is why some babies seem to bring everything up, but manage to put on weight!
Hope you get to the bottom of things soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->