Baby Bethan - 12/06/2009

Blondie2008

Mum to the amazing Bethan
Reaction score
Hay all,

Finally getting some time to write this. Bethan is now 3 weeks old and motherhood is a hectic way of life but SOOOO worth it :happydance:

So on Wednesday 10th June i felt damp down below and so me and my hubby went down to the hospital where they confirmed that my waters had gone and i was around 2cm dilated. The doctor said 'congratulations you are in labour'! lol

we were told to come back the next day if nothing happened to be induced. Usually they leave u a bit longer but i had had a scare with my waters going earlier in the pregnancy so they brought it forwards.

Went back on the Thursday and waited around all day for them to get to me. Finally at 8pm they said that my hubby had to go home and that they would start the induction that evening. If anything happened they would call him back. I really struggled with this. I was SO scared of the labour anyway and the thought of my hubby not being there was just too much. They finally got to me at 12am and explained exactly what would happen. At this point i was so tired and so scared that i burst into tears and said that i couldnt do it. My hubby came to the hospital and they told me to come back with hubby the next morning. lol!

Friday mornign we go back. I have the gel inserted at around 12pm - hubby was with me the whole time. We went for a walk around the hospital and i started feeling pains at 4pm. They were getting really intense and i was still on the ward and it was visiting hour - nightmare!!!

Finally they moved me to the day centre as there was nobody in there and the contractions really started picking up. I was now 4/5cm dilated and they brought in the gas and air from the labour ward.

This is where thing started going a bit wrong so read no further if you dont wanna know - it has a happy ending though!!

The midwife was sat next to me on the bed explaining how to take the G&A. I wasnt feeling right - very dizzy. I took 2 breaths of the G&A and thats all i remember. I remember hearing the midwife shouting for help and thats all.

When i came around i was lying flat on the bed with around 10 people surrounding me shoving needles in all over the place.

My hubby said that i started fitting and we now know that it was a pre-eclamptic fit. It was more scarey for him as he saw it all and i hardly remember it. He said at the time that i started fitting - the midwife shouted for help and hit the emergency button behind the bed. He'd never seen so many people decend on a room so quickly.

It was quite horrible and i thought i would end up with a c-section but they managed to stabalise me and we went through to the labour ward with m screaming for an epidural!! lol!

Got the epidural at about 7cm. If anyone is worried about getting this done - dont - i didnt feel a THING!

After no time at all i was fully dilated and ready to push. By now it was just me, hubby and the worlds best midwife in the room. Pushing took about an hour. This was the best bit my far. I found it a relief to finally be pushing against the pain. It was a scary moment thought when the head came through. I kept saying that i couldnt do it - not much choice by now! lol!

When Bethan came out it was AMAZING. the best moment of my life by far.
The midwife handed her to me and me and my hubby just cried our eyes out.

I had to have some stitches but didnt feel them becasue of the epidural. I also spent the next 4 days on a high care ward because of the fit.

All in all it was a scary but thrilling experience. Would i do it again? Ask me again in about 2 years!! LOL!

xxxx

Glad it all worked out in the end :)

Congrats on your little :pink:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member