baby blues second time around

lemongrass

Reaction score
My second kid is 2 days old now, my milk has come in and my hormones are going to crash at any point now. I'm still running on adrenaline from the birth and that has been great but I know its not going to last forever. With my first I got the baby blues at 3 days and it lasted until 10. It wasn't bad, just a few hours of crying in the evening. For those of you with two or more, how were the baby blues the second time around? Better, worse or the same?

I crashed when my first was about 5 days old and i was really quite weepy then.
With #2 and #3'i haven't had the baby blues at all, to be honest. It may be because my first delivery was quite traumatic but the other two were more straightforward.

Hope you are enjoying getting to know your new addition x

I got the baby blues with number to at day 3 when milk came in couldnt stop crying they soon passed tho c

I remember being a bit weepy after having my first but not too bad. I felt really quite down for a few days after number 2 though, so it was definitely worse. I think it was hard because the feelings took me by surprise, given that I'd been ok after my first. It hit me around day 6 and lasted just over a week and then I was feeling fine again as suddenly as it started. Hormones are crazy things sometimes!

I didn't get them 2nd time round. If I did they didn't register I had so much going on after my daughter was born I had no time to dwell on how I was feeling!
With my son I got them bad. I cried a lot and generally couldn't cope with it.

DS1 was I had them bad for the first 2 weeks, DS2 they were pretty mucj gone by day 5 which I was so thankful for x

I think I generally managed it all better second time because I knew it would all get better, hormones are a crazy thing but knowing that things get better really got me through it, I understood what was happening more to me second time.

I'm happy to say I had no baby blues the second time around but attribute it partially to having a great second birth. My first was a total shock to my system, had a very long and hard labour, painful recovery and wasn't use to our new roles as parents. This time I've stayed very positive and happy. In fact, my birthing high lasted for over a week and afterwards I didn't have any issues with my mood so it is possible!

What MarineWag said.

I had them terribly with my first (DD) - PND.

Nothing notable with my second (DS), a day or two of tears, but I attribute that to the fact that both my babies were preemies so I've endured two NICU stays and was very upset that I would never experience taking a baby straight home with me - this is our last baby.

I feel loads more confident with DS and the knowledge that even the hardest of stages do soon pass help me get through and even cherish even the hardest moments. They grow up too quickly, as my now almost 3 year old is demonstrating to me everyday! Enjoy every second - try to anyway hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->