Baby braging?

1st_baby

Ok so this has some what got to me now lol

This year in my family there been 4 babies born all boys about 1 month apart, now coming from an Italian family we are known to brag about things (not me) lol ever since my son was born hes been compared to others and vice versa ..

Now yesterday my grand mother and a few aunts made a comment this was it
" your son is too advanced for his age , maybe you will run out of things to stimulate his brain "

WTF is that supposed to mean ??
here are his milestones

2 Weeks old held his head alone, smiled and kicked allot
3 months grabbed things on his own and babbled allot
4 months old , sat up on his own and babbled some more and eat cereal
5 months said "mummm" and got on all four
6 months said "dada, mama"
Now 8 months old he can "crawl, say "mama, dada, mum, papa, and ip(chip) our dogs name and can associate what word goes with who .. he also knows how to sign for things ..

Surely he cant be too advanced ?? im so confused

IMO that all sounds excellent, well done him! I don't see a problem with babies who are more advanced. You're brain is always being stimulated, he isn't just going to learn everything and then just sit there like a couch potato for the rest of his life :)

:hugs: I dont think any baby can be too advanced or the other way around. All babies do things at their own pace.

Sure, you have a clever little boy there, but it certainly isnt a problem and he wont run out of things to stimulate his brain at all, he'll just keep developing at his own pace.

Dont worry hun,. I reckon they're just jealous, Max is a clever, gorgeous, happy little boy, how on earth can that be a problem :hugs:

IMO that all sounds excellent, well done him! I don't see a problem with babies who are more advanced. You're brain is always being stimulated, he isn't just going to learn everything and then just sit there like a couch potato for the rest of his life :)

ditto.. lol.. just ignore it. They are just jealous that none of the other babies are as advanced. lol. :hugs:

Well put ti this way there comparing him this way

Lucas(same age as max) his cousin is about 20lbs so far max is 17 lol (so hes too skinny to them)
Lucas has 3 teeth ..max has one coming in now

Louis felix is by ar the smallest baby in the family he is 6 months and is 13 lbs and is only 24 inches long but they still seem to think mine is the weirdo lol

I love them all equally and dont care how they look or act babies are all different

I know how you feel hun, I have a nephew who is 4 months older than Dec and from day one it has been compare and brag !!!!! It does my head in, my sis-in-law would be like Darryn was 26lbs 12ozs at his 17 months review what was Dec?? okay Dec is just turning 15 months and he is only 23lbs12ozs.
She will also say things like Darryn's speech is so advanced for 19 months, and yes it is I wouldnt disagree with that, but Dec is still only coming 15 months!!!!!
I mean I didnt brag to her when Dec started to walk at 10,5 months and her son didnt walk until 14.5 months or when Dec crawled at 7 months and Darryn didnt crawl until 13 months!!!!! I dont see the point in it all babies are different.
Anyway your LO sounds like he is doing extra well and if he is going to be quick at learning things what can you do??

Hubby's cousin had a baby girl 10 days before Hannah was born and the poor thing is always being compared to Hannah, Hannah's more advanced in a lot of ways than her. But to me it doesn't matter, each baby will do things on their own and I'm positive Allie will do some things earlier than Hannah and Hannah some things earlier than Allie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->