Baby Dynamics - WTF?!

Missy21386

Reaction score
I've just read a disturbing article in the newspaper about "baby Dynamics / baby Yoga"

How can someone be allowed to do this to babies?! :growlmad:
That's got to cause damage, surely??

Here is the link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/health/4152707/Is-this-shocking-baby-therapy-craze-coming-to-the-UK.html

And then i googled the womans name and found a youtube video of people doing it to their kids too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFwrZHFLe2E

I want to be sick!

Has anyone else ever heard of/ seen this before??

That is just uncomfortable to watch and i feel sorry for those babies.

I just think how annoying, poor little babies who cant do anything about it,
If someone bigger than me started swinging me around like that and putting me underwater i'd be pissed.

sorry nothing constructive to say buts its early and i havent my 2nd cuppa tea yet! lol

From the very little information given in the article, I would say that this is very risky and I'd like to see one shred of scientific evidence that it "improves" anything in a baby's physical development. We are primates. We evolved in trees. The sensation of free-swinging and falling is hardwired as dangerous and alarming in us, particularly in our young. There is a reason most babies respond so well to the secure feeling of being swaddled and/or being held close to the parent in carriers. It is fundamental to a baby's sense of security and safety. This swinging seems completely counterintuitive to that sheltering and protecting instinct that we want to do as parents. And I very much agree with smelly - talk about imposing something on the poor baby! :nope:
Seems like a silly and downright dangerous fad to me!

I felt soo bad for those babies they were crying and the mothers stil put them back under the water!!! wth :O

I've heard of this baby yoga before, the video I saw was an indian man swinging the baby round his head :nope:

This lady needs to be arrested. Child abuse.

I saw this sort of thing years ago, I think oiginaly it was used as part of training for children picked to be raised to be athletes it was supposed to strengthen their muscles and make them more flaxable.
Its quite common in the girls that are picked to be raised to be gymnasts in Japan and Russia.
I must say though look how good they are at these sports so maybe it does do something for them but you dont ever hear of the ones where it has damaged their limbs or spine.
Makes me queasy watching it

Its not something I'd feel comfortable doing to my lo. I find it slightly disturbing.

Am I the only one who thinks those poor kids are now more likely to become serial killers? Ugh.

Yeah, it was an exaggeration. :) But I'd think that poor crying baby in the water is gonna have a lot of built up anger at the very least.

Kids are pretty durable, my son jumping off his bunk bed all the time is a testament to that. And I remember when I was young I'd hold my mom and dads hands and they would flip me upside down, and I loved it.

But in my opinion, those kids are too young, the chicks are too aggressive, and I don't think it's very kind to their shoulder sockets to just be yanking them around by one arm like that.

i saw this and coyldnt believe it! the baby was only two weeks old and she was tossing it around like a sack of potatoes! it was horrible to watch and made me kinda sick. what are these parents thinking letting this woman do this to their babies? appalling!:)

me and lo do baby yoga at home and that is definitely not what it is, I have no idea where they got the idea to do that from, it looks insane! all I can think is those poor baby's joints, being dangled by just an arm looks awfully dangerous.

I saw something about this a while ago and just thought :saywhat:

I have no idea why that stuff could be considered a good thing to do :nope:

I was actually going to do baby yoga with LO when we signed up for baby massage but he had to be 6 months+, however I think the baby yoga we would have done would have been the polar opposite to this.

I clicked the video and the link to the story.. I thought it was dolls they were throwing around.

My LO's muscles will develop perfectly fine and he will still "go on to achieve outstanding results in life" as it's stated without me having to endanger his life as a newborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->