Baby Eddy has made his entrance...

max_bump

Mum of 2 boys and expecti
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This may not make overly much sense, lol as i am very tired and my eyes feel a little weary.
Anyways to the good stuff....

I awoke at 5am on sunday morning to a small amount of fluid coming out of me, i got up and went to the toilet to find alot of discharge. I thought this was a little strange as i had had a lot of dull back ache that evening. Anyway i tried to go back to sleep but couldnt due to an increase in pain in my back. Didnt get to carried away at this point as had a lot of false starts.

At about 630 i phoned my mum to let her know i thought i was in labour as i could no longer just ignore the contractions i was having. She suggested a bath and to try and rest as it would be a long tiring wait for him. I left my partner, Nathan sleep at this point as i knew i would need him later on.

A bath really helped but it wasnt long untill the contractions where moving along quite fast.

I dont remember anything significant for the next how ever many hours except i had to be on my hands and knees to ease the pressure and help with contractions. I had Nathan and my mum with me at this stage, Nathan was in such a state of excitement and nervous that he was frantically cleaning the house, lol!!!

At 12.00 i phoned the midwife to see if i should go in or not and she said she would come and check me within an hour. At the time this sounded great but as time progressed i decided i wanted to go into the hospital as i was in to much pain.

I arrived at the delivery suite at about 1:15pm and was shown into my room by the lovely staff. They did my blood pressure etc... After about an hour the midwife did an internal to find that i wasnt dilated but the carvix was soft and thin. She suggested we go and get some food and have a walk to move things along. so off we went stopping every 4 minutes for me too breath through my contractions.

Got back to my room at 4pm ( i think hard to remember) to have another internal to fidn i was 1cm but the midwife did a sweep and also pushed me upto 2cm. This was where i first experienced gas and air...it was amazing!!!!

Anyway they sent me down to the ward so i could wait untill i was further along, but had to take my gas and air away as i wasnt far enough!!! They thought i would be about another 3 hours untill i was 4cm.

After about an hour on the ward, i was experiencing intense contractions and finding it hard to breathe through them. I thought i would try my TENS machine but it didnt seem to help much. I aksed the midwife for some Pethedine at this stage as i couldnt see myself going on much further. She thought it was best to do another internal first to see how i was progressing and if this was the right route to take.

After examining she found i was 4-5 cm so back up to delivery for me with no pain killers yet.

I was given back the gas and air at this stage. I continued with just this untill 10pm ish, now 7cm dilated. I was now needing something else and decided epidural was the best option as i was so tired!!

So thats what i had.

I then had to wait untill iwas dilated enough to start pushin, this about another 5 hours and i could not get any sleep.

At 4am they decided i was ready to push. I was adiment i just needed a poo untill i got to touch his head...OMG that was amazing.

At 530 ish i was still pushing and nackered...his head was stuck so they had to cut me and he was delivered onto my belly at 545am!!!!!!!!!

I then had to be stitched which took about an hour as i had a large tear aswell.

Then stayed in over night as i had lost 1pint and a half of blood.

Anyways home now and enjoying being a mummy.

Nathan was amazing the whole way through, feel such a different level of love for him its crazy :)

Sorry its long....

Attachments

• eddy.jpg
    eddy.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 92
Congratulations, he looks such a sweetheart!! x x

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads