Baby Emily is here planned section and just as well.....

Mammy to two
Reaction score
Well had my planned section on the 21st of April. Despite my wishes to have a natural delivery this time. The last growth scan showed a big baby again no signs of the head engaging and consultant recommeded another section felt it would be safer all round.
Overall section went well however, was horribly sick again afterwards and, did feel more pulling and tugging this time round. Emily was born at 0955 and weighed 9lbs 4 oz so was another biggy but not as big as my son.
After the surgery the consultant who knew i was disappointed that i had to have another section told me we had made the right decision, as my wee girl had a true knot in her cord which would have resulted in an emergency section. With each contraction the knot would have tightened and she would have been more and more deprived of oxygen and i dread to even contemplate what could have been. She is so precious and even more so now.
Thank God my consultant made the decision he did.
Good luck to all of you still waiting to have your wee babies.
:hugs: xx

Congrats, sounds like it was definitely the right decision. Glad your baby girl arrived safely xx

Wow, it sounds like fate had a hand in that decision. Congratulations.

wow - you definately made the right decision. Glad to hear that little Emily is here safe and sound. Well done and hope Charlie is enjoying being a big brother!

Congrats hun! Sounds like you have a little miracle baby on your hands. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"