Baby Envy!

Dumpling

Mumma to 1 & baking a 2nd
Reaction score
One of my bestest friends from uni had a baby girl on Saturday. Im so unbelievably happy for her & I've had the most fun time buying things for her! I've bought a couple of little pink outfits & put together a 'care package' type thing with bits & bobs she'll need now & in the future. I'm going for a visit on Saturday & can't wait for some cuddles!! :crib:

As I say, its been so much fun, but it also showed me how expensive babies can be. Nappies, wipes, food, blimey! But hey, they so are definitely worth it aren't they?!

Seeing her pregnant & blooming (I know its a cliche, but she really has glowed through out her pregnancy!) & now knowing she has a lovely baby daughter has made me the tiniest bit jealous. I feel like a bad friend for feeling that way though! I know that I'm definitely ready for a baby though & all the stretch marks, stitches, sore nipples, sleepless nights, vomit & endless washing that entails!

xxx

I definitely think you are being a wonderful friend!!! Being a little jealous is normal and you are not only entitled to your feelings but are justified in them. You have been supportive of her through it all. Many people(and nothing against them) find that their desire for a baby is so strong that when those close to them get what they want they find it too difficult to be a part of that joy. I have heard of people disowning lifelong friends because they got pregnant when they themselves wanted to be. You have handled yourself beautifully and I'm sure your friend is thankful for all the love and support you have been giving her!!! So what if it reminds you how bad you want a baby, you shouldn't feel bad whatsoever. In my experience most of the time women who aren't even considering or ttc get broody and a little jealous when they see a brand new baby!!! Its normal and as long as you aren't letting your desire for a baby hurt your friendship then you are good to go; I'm sure when you leave her house you will just go home and BD extra vigorously and OH will hardly complain. :)

I'm definitely v jealous of my sister in law. She's preggers with her first, due in October. Really thrilled for her at the same time, and looking forward to having a new niece or nephew, but at the same time thinking "Ooh wouldn't it be lovely for her baby to have a cousin of a similar age!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->