baby Finn is home!

SabrinaKat

Delighted Mum to Finn
Reaction score
That's it really - after 13 days in NICU, he has been feeding really well (like a little piggy, actually) and is now home!

It turns out that the anti-depressant I was on caused him to be sleepy, but even tho I feel guilty, everybody told me that it was absolutely necessary for me to be on it whilst I was pregnant (it helped me to sleep) and was one of the safest on the market (amtriptyline), and the only effect was extra sleepiness. It also meant that they ran every test possible, e.g. MRI, thyroid, all bloods, etc., to eliminate anything serious, so at least, we know baby is 'perfect'.

thanks to everybody for advice on formula feeding -- my OH and I feel like experts now! (and I can change a nappy in seconds now!)

best wishes

Congratulations on getting him home :D

Aww that's great news - glad to hear he's home where he belongs.

Welcome home, little man :)

xx

That's it really - after 13 days in NICU, he has been feeding really well (like a little piggy, actually) and is now home!

It turns out that the anti-depressant I was on caused him to be sleepy, but even tho I feel guilty, everybody told me that it was absolutely necessary for me to be on it whilst I was pregnant (it helped me to sleep) and was one of the safest on the market (amtriptyline), and the only effect was extra sleepiness. It also meant that they ran every test possible, e.g. MRI, thyroid, all bloods, etc., to eliminate anything serious, so at least, we know baby is 'perfect'.

thanks to everybody for advice on formula feeding -- my OH and I feel like experts now! (and I can change a nappy in seconds now!)

best wishes

Just to say I was also on an AD while I was pregnant and I was also told it was completely safe...it was Dosulepin which is a really old AD which has been around for years. Joseph was born at 32 weeks as I had Pre-Eclampsia as well and for about the first 24/48 hours he was really jittery and they couldn't understand why until I asked the neonatal consultant if my medication could have caused it. He was basically going "cold turkey" which was awful to see and I felt so guilty that Id caused it when Id been told over and over again it was ok to take.

I was actually in tears when the doctors told me about the anti-depressant withdrawal, but it was more sleepiness than anything else, fortunately....

best wishes

Good news that baby Finn is home... now the fun really starts xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back