Baby Gavisgon

Teel

Reaction score
Hi all

Ive just been to the docs about my lil girl who is 3months and 2weeks old.
After a long talk about her feeds, sickness, slow weight gain- it was concluded that she may be suffering from Acid Reflux.

Anyways, i remember reading threads and posts about other mommys using baby Gavisgon for their bubs and it causing bad constipation.

My question is: are there any mommys that give their bubs Gavisgon and it actually worked??

Im just a bit concerned about starting my lil un on it.

Any help/advice would be brilliant!

Thanks all

Hey hun. Glad they've found the culprit!!
I asked about this, as I was concerned about Oliver. He now takes his gavsicon 3 times a day. This is enough for him and he doesn't get constipated with it. He does have poo that looks a bit like paste, but his body has got used to it and it is a little better now. Although the consistency has changed, he is not constipated. You could try giving him some cool boiled water - around 1-2oz, this will help ease it. It's just hit and miss to see what works bets for your little one. It has taken us a couple of weeks of messing around with dosages etc before we found the right solution.
We also tried giving a single sachet instead of both, so maybe this is an option to start with?
Good luck hun, hope you find the answer!!! x x

Thanks Kat for your reply:) really appreciate the advice.

Im going to do a trial today and see how it goes- I will defintaley be offering bubs water to see if that helps. I will dread if it causes constipation :(

Thanks again:)

I had this for Marlie too. She was never constipated, but she did stop going as frequently. Even to the point she was going only once every 4-5 days. I asked the dr about it and he said that as long as she wasn't straining (she wasn't) and it was smooth, not like rabbit pellets (it wasn't) that going every 4-5 even up to 10 days was fine!

It really helped with her reflux although it was a pain to give as I was bfing. I think that it's helped with her spoon feeding now though as she knows what a spoon is for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->