Baby grunting?

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
Our lo makes loud grunting noises between 2-5 in crib in night keeping myself & OH awake! She's not awake just making lots of noise! Any tips or advice?

She then tends to wake about 5.15 but will lie in crib till 6

Mine was a very grunty newborn and still is some nights although it's getting a bit better. Now mine can pass wind a little easier it's definitely easing. It can sometimes be a sign of reflux but I also think it's just one of those newborn quirks.

Mine was a very grunty newborn and still is some nights although it's getting a bit better. Now mine can pass wind a little easier it's definitely easing. It can sometimes be a sign of reflux but I also think it's just one of those newborn quirks.

Did you do / give anything to your LO? Or did it ease with time

Mine grunts all the time. It keeps me up all night too. Sometimes if it's bad I give gripe water

Mine grunts all the time. It keeps me up all night too. Sometimes if it's bad I give gripe water

Do you give it in night & wind?

Or do you do it with last feed / middle of night feed?

Did you do / give anything to your LO? Or did it ease with time

We've tried everything. Infacol and dentinox made him sick. Now give gripe water at night but most of them baby needs to be 1month for. My boy has reflux so is also on gaviscon to keep his milk down. I think time is the main help but it definitely does help your sanity to try other colic remedies to at least feel like you're doing something. The first 6 weeks are so incredibly difficult and I'd forgotten just how difficult as 5 years have passed since my first!

I've got some infacol here not got dentinox yet got gripe water she's a month old tomorrow.

There's six years between my two......your right I've forgotten completely what it's like!

Babies are loud sleepers! Mine stored, grunted, sniffled, made all kinds of annoying sounds to keep me up at night. lol... I'd try the gripe water if you think it might be gas, though. I love that stuff.

I've got some infacol here not got dentinox yet got gripe water she's a month old tomorrow.

There's six years between my two......your right I've forgotten completely what it's like!

Gosh it's tough isn't it?! I really put myself through it over the first 6 weeks. Constant weeping thinking I'd made a huge mistake having a second etc etc. Then it started to get a little easier after then. More smiles, more periods of calm. Hoping it'll pick up again at 12 weeks like it did with my first. Hang on in there...!

Yes it's completely starting all over again! I've forgotten lots. Yes I'm sure it will start getting better / easier soon when a routine starts developing. Hope it gets easier for you too.

The grunting was slightly better last night she didn't take much of the gripe water & didn't like it if I heard her grunting from 2ish I picked her up she brought up wind put her back down again she woke at 3.30 for feed I got wind up from feed but she still grunted from 5-6! Quite loudly I tried pick up wind put down but no wind came up!

Mine was really bad from reflux for a few weeks. She is on Nexium and has stopped the constant grunting. It was awful for a while.

It was particularly bad last night I took a video but it wasn't my upload

I poked her up for some wind at 5 thinking it might help but she didn't get any wind up wouldn't go back down so we got up 5.30. Considering I was in bed by 8.30.....think I've had 3 hours tops!

I can't figure out what it is as she seems to be doing it in her sleep most of the night but seems to be worse between 4-6 in morn. OH was home this morning & has realised just how loud it is not sure what to do / try or just ride it out

Hi, just wondered if anybody has had any improvement? My LO has terrible grunting, whimpering etc usually from about 2am. He's 6 weeks now and I don't think he's ever slept more than about 2 hours in his cot on any night. I always end up co sleeping on the sofa cuddling him from about 4am just to get at least an hours sleep! He's on infant gaviscon and just changed to Dr Browns bottles. Keep thinking he'll grow out of it but just need sone support to know I'm not the only one who's struggling right now. I'm currently sat watching crap music videos waiting the minimum 30 mins after feeding before trying to put him down. It feels like a very long 30 minutes at 2am.

Yes my girl has gotten lots better. She's 2 months old now.

Hi symphony, I remember you from the pregnancy pages. How old was she went you stared to see an improvement? I've been in tears today. Just can't see this getting better! Do you think it is yhe nexium that has made the difference?

Hi, just wondered if anybody has had any improvement? My LO has terrible grunting, whimpering etc usually from about 2am. He's 6 weeks now and I don't think he's ever slept more than about 2 hours in his cot on any night. I always end up co sleeping on the sofa cuddling him from about 4am just to get at least an hours sleep! He's on infant gaviscon and just changed to Dr Browns bottles. Keep thinking he'll grow out of it but just need sone support to know I'm not the only one who's struggling right now. I'm currently sat watching crap music videos waiting the minimum 30 mins after feeding before trying to put him down. It feels like a very long 30 minutes at 2am.

Not noticed a dramatic improvement as yet HV doesn't seem concerned & says it will pass.....in time!

I had my 6 week check up on Monday and asked the GP for ranitidine, but she said no because he's gaining weight ok. HV supported my opinion that it is reflux but it's the GP's who has the final decision I guess. Last night was horrendous, I was up until 2, DH took over 2 to 5 then I was up at 5. He's not crying, he's clearly uncomfortable and has these grunting, writhing spells every few minutes. He's not getting quality rest either poor thing. He's been ok this morning but this afternoon he's grunting and uncomfortable again. No temperature, been for a big poo this morning so not constipated. It's just awful and I can't sit listening to it for much longer it's breaking me, I can't stand to see him struggle and wriggle in pain. I've also been told it's just a phase and he'll grow out of it but that's just not ok!

I had my 6 week check up on Monday and asked the GP for ranitidine, but she said no because he's gaining weight ok. HV supported my opinion that it is reflux but it's the GP's who has the final decision I guess. Last night was horrendous, I was up until 2, DH took over 2 to 5 then I was up at 5. He's not crying, he's clearly uncomfortable and has these grunting, writhing spells every few minutes. He's not getting quality rest either poor thing. He's been ok this morning but this afternoon he's grunting and uncomfortable again. No temperature, been for a big poo this morning so not constipated. It's just awful and I can't sit listening to it for much longer it's breaking me, I can't stand to see him struggle and wriggle in pain. I've also been told it's just a phase and he'll grow out of it but that's just not ok!

I could have written all of this. I was also refused ranitidine and told I could only have it after a paediatric referral and that he wasn't bad enough for it. I was furious at the time but actually another 2 weeks and my boy improved a fair bit. He's on gaviscon which helps and also sleeps on his side and is much more comfortable. But I know side sleeping isn't recommended and comes with risks but he is much more settled like that.

Really hope your lo settles soon x

Hi symphony, I remember you from the pregnancy pages. How old was she went you stared to see an improvement? I've been in tears today. Just can't see this getting better! Do you think it is yhe nexium that has made the difference?

Yes definitely the Nexium, the Xantac did nothing. She is still pulling off the breast so her doctor upped the dose today, hopefully it continues to help. She started having problems around 2 weeks, got on Nexium around 5 weeks, started seeing improvement in about 4 days. She's 9 weeks now and has been much better for about 3 or 4 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->