baby harrison 8/7/09 (pics)

loz

Reaction score
my due date was 5th july, i started with painful contraction that where irregular that night, went to bed and woke up the next morning (6th) with no pain at all, later that day they started again but where still irregular, went bed and when i woke up (7th) i sat up and had a trickle that had slimy stuff in. that after noon the pains where really bad so i went to the assesment unit to get checked. they put me on the monitor and the contractions calmed down! they took a swab to see if my waters has broke and was told they had but i was only 1cm dilated. was told to go home and if nothing had happened before to go back the following morning to be induced. i got home and within mins the contractions where back, it was really painful and i couldnt manage the pain. at 10 that night we where back at the hospital. i was examined and told i was 3cm and the contractions where still irregular. i has gas and air and put on the monitor a hour later and she couldnt pick up baby's hb! after 5mins of us all worrying she found it. she went off and said she would come back at 4 to check on me. only as she left i started with contractions that where very painful every few mins! she told me to go to the delivery suit and she would sort out some stronger pain relief for me. was in there 1 min when i told oh to get her coz i wanted to push! she came running in and checked me. she said i was only 8cm and i couldnt push. another mw came in and said she would break my front waters as i was only leaking hind waters. as soon as she did it i couldnt stop myself pushing, 2 pushes and he was out! the mw didnt have time to get gloves on. the contractions where so bad because he was back to back. i have just looked on the sheet they put in your notes and it says the cord was round his neck even tho she never said anything to me!

totally worth all the pain tho. he was born at 1.46 in the morning on 8th july weighing 7lb 13oz

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 30
Congratulations Lauren, he's gorgeous! Wow you did go fast in the end! I take it you didn't get any pain relief in the end? I tried my hardest, think I was begging for it but there wasn't time either! That's weird that they didn't say anything about the cord, probably didn't want to worry you as everything turned OK in the end :hug:

Congratulations xxx he is beautiful xxx

Yay :blue: Congrats on your bundle

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations, hes gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79