Baby Head very small on ultrasound

kiwi6715

Reaction score
I just got my 28 week ultrasound results and am very concerned. While the report said all is fine, my measurements show the baby head at less than 5% while the rest of her is relatively normally. The estimated age based on her head size is just 25 weeks while the rest is between 28-30 weeks. Has anyone else seen this? Are there any additional tests that can be done to tell me if baby is normal? My actual measurements are:

BPD 62.3 (less than 5th percentile)

HC 258.3 (18th percentile)

AC 238.1 (41st percentile)

FL 58.5 (93rd percentile)

OFD 96.2 (71st percentile)

TCD 32.8 (73rd percentile)

HUM 48.5 (53rd percentile)

CM 8.5 (90th percentile)

Hi hun scans are really just estimates so try not to worry. If they had any serious concerns about your baby's head size they wouldn't just ignore it, they'd mention it to you and follow it up.

Also, HC is a better measure of head size (circumference) and that is measuring relatively bigger. The biparietal diameter is really not as accurate xxx

^ What she said. Is there someone you can ring to reassure you of the scan results? Midwife or doctor? They would have mentioned something and be following it up if there was a problem but no harm in giving them a call for your own peace of mind :flower:

Thanks to both of you for responding. It helps hearing that the BPD may be less accurate. I have call out to my OB, but when I saw her this am, she thought all was good and did not mention the small head size at all. I pulled me prior ultrasound (done at 19 weeks even), and then the BPD and HC were also smaller than the rest of baby but averaged 18 weeks 5 days vs 20 weeks 2 days on the other measurements. I feel her moving in there all the time and thought all was going so well. I need to keep focused on that, but it is hard when your mind starts getting away from you with worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->