Baby is miserable with dad when I'm at uni

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
For the past three weeks I've been in school, every time I leave LO is pretty much miserable. I'm pumping milk but LO is to the point of plain refusing it and only nibbling during the day.

FOB says that he can't do anything but hold the baby, if he's set down he cries and is demanding a lot of attention. He's having a hard time putting him down for naps unless OH is driving in the car.

Any advice on this to make both of their time easier?

My son was like this with my wife. It was really hard, but they just had to struggle together and find their own way together. Maybe someone else will come along and be able to give some actual advice that helped, but for us, time really was the only thing. They just had to work it out on their own. It was tough, but they are closer now because of it. I'm sorry, I remember how stressful that stage was. Hope it passes soon.

My son never refused a bottle of breastmilk though, so not sure what to do in that situation.

Well I kind of figured as such but its reassuring that we're not alone

I agree with gingmg, he will just have to find his own routine and techniques with the baby and they will be different than what you do. One day you may even find your OH can get the baby to sleep in a certain way that you can't (this happened for us, my dh could get our first daughter to sleep in 5 minutes by lying her on a pillow and carrying it around- if I ever tried this she would kick off!!)
3 weeks is still quite a new arrangement, give it more time and baby will get used to dad more and dad will become more comfortable with looking after the baby too.
Also I'm not sure how baby is having milk- but if he's refusing a bottle- dad could try in a sippy cup?

What about trying a sling for bonding, getting things done and sleeping? Still won't help with the feeding but might make other things easier

He refuses it out of the Miracle Cup, won't even bother with a bottle regardless of who's giving it or what's in it.

We have a carrier he will use but I guess he just whine after 10 or so minutes.

It seems to be getting better the more that I leave, maybe it just took some getting used to on all of our ends. Today he got to sleep for 30 minutes with Dad! :shock: but still didn't eat

Does he breastfeed from you? Maybe if dad wears something that smells of you, warms the teat up a little and then holds him similar to the breastfeeding position it might fool him into feeding?

Just some ideas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->