Baby led weaning and my health visitor

sublime_ivy

Reaction score
So today my HV came round, last I met her we didnt get off to a good start so I was dreading today. Anyway we got onto the subject of weaning and i mentioned I wanted to BLW. I fully expected her to be negative but i got a great response, she was well up for it. She asked me if i had any books etc on it and i said no but i was going to buy the bible. She asked about DVDs and i said i saw one i wanted and to my surprise she said don't bother as they have one at the surgery and I could borrow it for as long as I want and she was going to arrange it so I could pick it up tomorrow. :thumbup:

How great is that? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and have some new found respect for my HV. Apparently they had tried to introduce BLW a while ago but it was met with negative response to they gave it up but she knew loads about it and gave me loads of good advice and tips. I'm happy that she was so positive for me to do it though and that I can borrow the DVD. I just had to share as I was amazed that it all went so well. Most of the ppl I have mentioned it to think I am mad even my friend who I considered to be the most relaxed, hippy like about parenting. lol.

That's fab! :thumbup: My HV is very interested in BLW too. It certainly makes a lot of sense! :)

Yay! Mine just sort of shrugged when I mentioned it, :(.

thats great!!! mine doesnt really have a clue about it, i ended up telling her about what happens and i told her she had to get the bible !!! lol

sara

xx

That's great!

I don't have a HV here, but I'll be interested to see what my paediatrician says. So far he's just asked me if I'm breastfeeding each time he's seen me but not mentioned what to do next!

Thats brill! I think my HV will be up for it, but not really had chance to chat about it yet!

thats brilliant!! when i told my HV that i was going to do BLW she just kinda looked at me with this astounded expression and just kept repeating over and over that solids should be introduced at 6 months :rofl: i told her until i was blue in the face that my boy was STILL gaining 4-5oz+ a week on JUST BREASTMILK and that he didnt need any food at 5.5months, and she just kept rambling on about baby rice :rofl:

anyway... yeah, its brilliant that your HV was so supportive of it :) lets hope its a sign of the changing times!

thats brilliant!! when i told my HV that i was going to do BLW she just kinda looked at me with this astounded expression and just kept repeating over and over that solids should be introduced at 6 months :rofl: i told her until i was blue in the face that my boy was STILL gaining 4-5oz+ a week on JUST BREASTMILK and that he didnt need any food at 5.5months, and she just kept rambling on about baby rice :rofl:

anyway... yeah, its brilliant that your HV was so supportive of it :) lets hope its a sign of the changing times!

:haha::haha
sometimes they just dont listen.

My HV told me I still need to give Jack cereal for breakfast and to drop a milk feed to make sure he's really hungry when we offer solids because babies can only learn that solid foods fill them up between 6 and 7 months :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Yeah, because I know so many people who are still on an all milk diet as adults because they missed the window of opportunity for solids as babies. Like I'm going to deprive my baby of much needed milk! And Jack is enjoying his breakfasts of fruit, toast and eggs, thanks very much.

This is so ture! I've never seen anyone have a puree'd, mashed and liquified wedding breakfast!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->