Baby Lewis has Arrived

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Long birth story - I woke up at 4.0pm on Sunday afternoon after a little nap and as I got off the bed I thought I may of wet myself a little - no it was my waters breaking. They continued to trickle for a couple of hours with no other symptoms - famous last words!!

I phoned the labour ward, they said to pop in and they'd check me over to be on the safe side, which I did. All was ok so they sent me home until further signs progressed. I started getting period pains about 6.30 but took a couple of paracetemol, had tea and washed up. To be honest I still didn't really believe it was happening.

By 10.00 I was having and timing full on contractions, lasting about a minute in every 3 - 4. I phoned the hospital but hey said to stay at home as I was probably not that far along. By 11.00 I was on here posting delirious weird ramblings, as the pain was starting to get that bad. I phoned the hospital again and they said if I could still talk, I could remain at home - WTF........

Anyway a few more deliripus postings I decided if I had to camp in the hospital car park then so be it, I phoned them at 12.00 and told them i was coming in......

At 12.30 they put me in a waiting room as they didn't have anyone to see me at that time and the rooms were full........OMG I could of cried!!! At 1.00am they moved me downstairs to give me some gas & air, but by the time I got downstairs they had a room free so back upstairs I went, this time in a wheel chair as I couldn't walk, the pressure on my bum was immense so sitting down was just as painful, each time I had a contraction I had to stand up!

I was checked over at 1.45 and was 4cm dilated so they showed me how to use the gas & air. The pains seemed to get worse within minutes and I was crying out in agony. All of a sudden the midwife couldn't find Lewis's heartbeat and DH had to ring the emergency bell to get the registrar into the room ASAP. (It was only us and the midwife) They still couldn't find it and were starting to talk about an emergency C section. I prayed to god that my baby was ok and would be born alive and well. I've never been so scared about anything in my whole life, after what seemed like a lifetime they located the heartbeat but told me I'd have to be constantly monitored.

It was 2.45am and the pain was so bad I was screaming with every contraction it felt like my bum was going to explode, I asked for an epidural as I couldn't take the pain anymore but was told I'd have to wait as the anthestist was in surgery.......arrgghhhhhh. When they next checked me, about an hour later I was 9cm and it was to late for any pain relief. :hissy:

I was stuggling to push so the midwife took the gas and air off me so make me concentrate, that worked.... After an hour or so of pushing and feeling like giving up on numerous occasions cus the little man kept slipping back up the midwife had to perform an episiotimy to stop me from tearing, by now I didn't care I was so tired, I'd been awake for nearly 24 hours I just wanted my little man with me.

Lewis Benjamin Squire was born at 5.10am on Monday August 11th weighing 7lb 5oz. I didn't feel the placenta being delivered or the few stitches I had, I was just on cloud nine. He is the most gorgeous little thing I have every seen in my whole life and I can't get over how much I love him, every time I look at him I get butterflies...:hugs:

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics!

Congratulations!

Where abouts in the South West are you? I grew up near Frome in Somerset - wondered what hospital you used?

:hugs: Sorry you had such a rough labor. Congratulations on your son! Can't wait to see pics!

wow... that is really poor health care :(

Glad to hear it all ended well and you have your little man now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->