Baby licking umbilical cord

pansorie

Reaction score
Went in for a private scan today, and my LO had her umbilical cord and was licking the heavens out of it. I had no idea babies did that, but when I did a search apparently they do everything from licking the cord to the placenta, basically within reach. She was perfect but is measuring 1 week behind now. I was told it is no big deal at this point that they measure a little behind. Hubby and I are smaller people (hubby is 5'6, I am 5'3) so I wonder if that makes a difference. She weighes 2 lbs, 1 oz. :cloud9: She has been very active the last two days, and had a strong HB of 160. So far so good as we're rounding the home stretch. :cloud9:

ahaha how cute! My little man was sucking his whilst snuggled into his placenta when we went. Hope you got some great pics! :)

That's so cute! I had never heard of that before :)

Omg that is crazy cute.... I hope you got some good pictures!!

Awww so cute! The most we've had is she had her hand in her mouth once... But didn't see any licking motions.

My LO constantly has his in or near his mouth and is grabbing at it or playing with it. It is quite interesting

If u think of how they are when born everything goes in their mouth so this makes sense and it's such a cute image.

That sounds so adorable. I had no idea they did that either, but if you think about it, it does make sense...exploring their environment and senses. I probably would have giggled and then teared up seeing that lol.

My boy is an ear holder. He is always holding on to his ear during ultrasounds. I assume this means that we will need to make sure he has his hands covered at all times so he doesn't scratch up his face.

My baby was doing the same thing on our 3d scan. It was so cute lol xx

Honestly, I was slightly disappointed with the way the 3/4D pics turned out. They had a new machine, and while a few pictures were great, the vast majority were meh. I was also terrified at first because LO's nose was HUGE. It looked like a snout. I was like "where the hell did that nose come from?!" Turns out 3/4D pics have a tendency to distort the noses, lol! I read on another forum a father saw the big nose on the 4D scan and demanded a paternity test!! :dohh:

I was soooo concerned about her being a week behind. She has measured right on her due date this entire time, and this is the first time she has been behind. Tech explained that it's common for the measurements to be off the later in the game you get, and hubby agreed, he said that it made sense to him. He had to explain it to me several times, and he ended up doing some fancy mathematics to show me how being a week behind at 27 weeks is no big deal.

LO was terribly active the last 2 days, but I think she has settled down now. It has taken two trimesters to get to a point where I can not worry be such a worry wart about my pregnancy. :happydance:

I have heard about 3D/4D ultrasounds distorting noses as well.

My son's measurements have been all over the place. The only thing that consistently measures ahead is his head....takes after his mommy lol. Otherwise some body parts are behind, some are on target...last ultrasound was around 26 weeks and he was on the 44th percentile. Which worried me because I expected him to be bigger until I realized it was completely normal. Not all babies are going to measure the same think about how differently we are all built as adults. That was sweet of your husband to do the math and help ease your mind...my boyfriend would have no clue how to do that lol.

Our little guy was sucking his cord at 20 weeks...check avatar!

Haha, that's probably why my baby's had it's face pressed up against the placenta for half the scans I've had. Probably likes smooching it, lol.

awww super adorable... had no idea they could do that haha!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->