Baby lotions ect

L

Laura--x

I've got millions of baby lotions/shampoos/talcs/creams ect its unreal.

How old do you usually wait untill the baby is before using anything like that? I heard once that using products on a newborns skin was too harsh, and when you clean them just use warm water, and the same when you wash their hair.

What age did you start using them? Thanks :)

When Mollie was a baby i used nothing except water till she was a month old then i introduced Johnsons baby bath and shampoo, babies have their own unique 'baby smell' than just gets covered up with lotions n stuff.

Talc is a big no-no among HV as babies breathe it in and by all accounts can aggrevate their wee lungs.

Water is easier and i would just use that.

HTH.

V xxx

Na dont get rid of the talc, use it on urself, i started using talc on Mollie when she was 1. So keep it.

Her baby smell went and all she smelled of was wotsits and Greggs Sausage rolls :rofl: so the talc made her small all lovely n clean again after her bath.

V xxx

I was told 6 weeks. Niamh has very dry skin though, as she was overdue and I don't want to do anything to irritate it . To be honest, until her skin starts to improve I'm going to wait on adding lotions and potions to baths.

we started around 5days, and maddi was fine. we have normal talc but actually use liquid talc on maddi, you can get it in mothercare and avent do one too :) x

When Connor was born the nurses used Johnson and Johnson during and after his first bath.

I have bought loads of soaps and things too even though I wont use talc and bubble bath straight away - talc about 6 months ish, I will use a tiny amount of johnsons baby shampoo straight away though x

I used from the start, was never told different and it didn't irritate her skin.

As newborn only a spot of baby oil and water - wipes on bum.

As she grew older we've not used much lotion but do go through baby wash and baby bath think to nowonly used about 2 bottles of baby shampoo. I use talc ...little shake on her body or onthe towel to help dry her off after a bath. Never been told not to by HVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->