Baby monitor

jemma193

Reaction score
Hi
My LO is doing really well in SCBU. She is now 3 1/2 weeks (32 weeks gestation) and weighs 3lbs 6.5 ozs. She only has occassional bursts of oxygen (about 10mins) usually after her feeds when she has fleeting Dsats and is up to 35ml feeds every 3 hours. So 'touch wood' everything is going well at the minute. We are just starting to look for a baby monitor for when she comes home and was just wondering what other premmie mums recommend? I was thinking of now getting one with a movement sensor mat for extra piece of mind? Are they any good? do they work in a moses basket? Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Glad to hear your lo is doing well.

I use the angel sound and movement monitor and it def puts my mind at ease. We have tested ours regularly forgetting to turn it off when we lift our lo out!

I use mine with a crib but I have also put it in the pram during the day so can't see why it couldn't be used in a Moses basket.

My SIL also had a preemie and she got the Angelcare sound and movement one. She is using hers in the moses basket at the moment and it works great.

Angel care here too. Its great, don't think I could sleep at night without hearing the beep, beep, beep. Very reassuring. Works great in crib, pram top (we use this overnight when at Mum's) and cot.

I have a video monitor with a sensor as well!! I did not hold out on anything when it came to my Justus. I love the sensor pad it comes in handy and the fact that its portable is even better. But I went even farther and got the video disply as well just to make myself feel better that I can not only hear my little one but I too can see her! I will be using this with my son when he gets here as he will be a preemie as well! So I am getting good use out of it!!

Glad LO is doing well.. :thumbup:

I had the angelcare sound and movement monitors for the twins. I loved them. I only stopped using them about a month ago. You can use them up to 2 yrs old but I thought it was best to stop now as the girls could pull the wires through their cots..

They arent cheap, they usually come in at about £90 but they are worth every single penny!

Thanks for the advice definately think i am going to go for an angelcare monitor now xx

yep we use the angelcare to - and Mikayla is now 17 months old lol! don't want to stop it yet though.

Glad your lo doing good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->