baby movements 27 weeks !! please

jamiemcbride1

Reaction score
Last night I was out for my dad's birthday I had a few little alcohol beverages blue wkd so nothing too strong and about 5 at the most I felt princess kicking my bladder all night and then when I got home and into bed a few little wiggles but as from this morning I haven't really felt much and she normally moves and kicks 24.7 and always gets the hiccups I've tried lying on my side and I've tried pinching here but I just feel like today has been reduced movements I've been really worrying crying and freaking out then just as I started writing this I felt a more little wiggles which is deff reassuring I know I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but I can't help worrying I've have 2 previous very healthy babies !! But doesn't stop me panicking sorry this is so long does anyone else ever get reduced movement ?? Anything to put my mind at ease thanks xxx

not going to really being put your mind at ease i'm afraid but any reduced movements should be checked. 9 times out of 10 everything is ok.

She's just gave mummy a nice few big kicks 😁 I'm sure she's just more of a nighttime person like me .. I have a front anterior placenta also so I think depending on how she is lying the movements differ thank u will deff get checked and keep an eye on her movements today xxxx

I think if you aren't sure, then I would get checked out. I'm sure everything is fine though of you have been feeling movement. I had an anterior placenta with DD and went to hospital quite a few times to get checked because I'd barely felt her move.

I really don't want to judge and sound awful.. But am I right in thinking you drank 5 bottles of blue wkd? I don't think any alcohol is safe during pregnancy so it seems a lot.

I think if you aren't sure, then I would get checked out. I'm sure everything is fine though of you have been feeling movement. I had an anterior placenta with DD and went to hospital quite a few times to get checked because I'd barely felt her move.

I really don't want to judge and sound awful.. But am I right in thinking you drank 5 bottles of blue wkd? I don't think any alcohol is safe during pregnancy so it seems a lot.

That was exactly what I thought... they say none is best and if you do have some then only 1-2 units at a time...

Glad baby is moving again. Should always get check if movements slow or differ tho. And also be careful drinking alcohol while pregnant, fetal alcohol syndrome is a real thing... Maybe some food for thought. All the best

I saw a video recently which was part of a study into the effects of alcohol on fetuses. The main thing which was obvious from the video was how the alcohol effected the baby, making him sleepy and slow to respond to stimulus (like the mother drinking iced water, tummy shaking etc). I would imagine that that is what you're experiencing, LO being sleepy from the effects of the alcohol.

Fetal alcohol syndrome from 5 blue wkds! I don't think so....I know people who drank far more back in the day and the had perfectly healthy baby's. Fetal alcohol syndrome is caused by heavy regular drinking, if she only had 5 blue wkds this would not cause fas. I think what the previous poster put about baby being slow to respond after a mother drinks alcohol sounds more likely!

All been good plenty of movement from I posted this thread .. I'm not an alcoholic girls I know what's safe and what's not don't worry I've had 2 previous healthy boys with whom I drank very very lightly with on special occasions this is just a little different with an anterior placenta this time I never felt her move until 23 weeks which freaked me out I think your right she was maybe just chilling out in there but all is good now no more alcohol anyway as no more special occasions now until December 😁 my mummy drank with me and didn't find out she was pregnant until 25 weeks I'm pretty much normal I know some people drink more than others but I assure you I wasn't drunk or anything I'm not a bad mum I promise just my daddy's 50th and 5 blue wkds over a lot of hours not 5 in an hour lol xxxx

The main thing is my princess is fine that's all xx
Thanks for all who replied xx

Fetal alcohol syndrome from 5 blue wkds! I don't think so....I know people who drank far more back in the day and the had perfectly healthy baby's. Fetal alcohol syndrome is caused by heavy regular drinking, if she only had 5 blue wkds this would not cause fas. I think what the previous poster put about baby being slow to respond after a mother drinks alcohol sounds more likely!

No lol not from 5 blue wickeds. I wasn't implying that either. I just was saying that there is a condition as from drinking alcohol during pregnancy. I am one of those people where I couldn't risk even a mouthful of alcohol while pregnant. And also how do you really know what's safe & what's not? They say if you really can't stop yourself having a drink while pregnant then 1-2 units a week is safest. Still wouldn't say it's safe to do so. I know if I was to have a drink & worry my baby wasn't moving i would be riddled with guilt. But that's me. I did also state it was a great sign baby is moving. So please don't try & turn my comment into anything other than it is. Thank you kindly. Also with having a child who is considered disabled, which is no fault of my own. I would never knowly put my baby at any risks that could have been avoided. That's all I was saying it wasn't an attack. It was merely a opinion , which is backed by medical advice. All the best. Happy & healthy remainder of your pregnancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe