Baby name a friend has used

Kent Mummy

mum and no 2 on way
Reaction score
I love the name Jessica, which is a very popular name. And I have always loved that name. I already have two other girls Lily (4) and Isabel (2) and baby number 3 is due in 5 weeks.

As mentioned I love the name Jessica, and as well as it being very popular, it also is the name of my friend who's 2nd little girl is nearly 3 (who I see most days as our older daughters are in Reception year at school). Obviously if I named my daughter Jessica, she would be in a different school year than my friends daughter (3 years in age difference). I am not sure what I am asking lol, just need to decide whether to use that name!

I say defo use it if u like the name x

I would use it if you love it. If you consider her a close friend (and if you're telling people the name before your daughter is born), you might tell her privately and that way she'll feel special. I would feel honored if someone loved my child's name enough to use it.

I say use it if you like.
I have a friend / acquaintance that told me she couldn't think of a name for her daughter ( LIES!! Lol) she named the same name as my daughter. ( not a very popular name though)

To start with I was SOOOOO angry as I thibk naming your child a very personal thing. But I never said anything to her and within a week I was totally over it.

No matter what, your Jessica and her Jessica are going to be individuals and just share a beautiful name. And she should take it as a compliment, as how many times have you said oh I like the name .... then think no I know a kid with that name and its a horror. Lol

So cutting my very long story short, use it! She will either be flattered or annoyed and if she is annoyed she WILL get over it. :)

Oh and I never let her know I was angry. I kept my petty comments / thoughts to myself and poor hubby who had to listen to me. Ha ha

Use it.

Not just because I am biased.

It could be that her Jessica starts going by Jes or Jessie and your Jessica remains Jessica.

I have a friend Jessie and I am Jes (or Jess). It in no way feels to anyone that we are both Jessicas. It actually feels uncomfortable, for lack of a better word, for others to think about calling us Jessica. I don't even respond because I am that not used to being referred to as Jessica.

If its really bothersome to you, you could go with an alternative - Jessa, Jessalyn

Thanks everyone for your posts.

She is a Jessie and if we picked the name she would be a Jessica, perhaps I will shorten it and call her Jess when she is older. I have another daughter called Isabel, and I don't call her Izzy because I don't want her losing her beautiful name Isabel at 2 1/2 - if you know what a I mean lol.

Thanks again.

L x

Jessica isn't actually as popular as you think. It is number 138 on the US name popularity charts. It was a very popular name during the 1970s and 1980s, but it is now decreasing in popularity. I think Jessica is a beautiful name and you should use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->