Baby Name

tuttibella

Reaction score
At 34 weeks we still don't have a name for our little boy. No shortlist, no favourites, nothing. I'm feeling pretty guilty about it.

Anyone in the same boat? Does anyone have any recommendations on websites? Especially those where you can match similar/style of names?

x

Don't afraid to look everywhere for inspiration. Do you have a favorite author or character? Also, last names make great first names, especially for boys. What kind of names are you drawn to?

We had one boys name we kind of liked when I was pregnant last time and this time have none, I'm not even thinking about it. I wouldn't worry, we only named LO after he was born and it's not a name I'd ever of thought of when I was pregnant :)

Same boat here and im a bit further on too. :shrug: We're having another girl and haven't got a clue what to name her, no short list or anything. We named our last dd on the day we found out she was a girl.
I feel incredibly guilty about it.

I have been typing in 'baby names' into google and a bunch of websites come up. To get more specific just add an adjective, like 'unique baby boy names' or 'masculine/feminine baby names' etc.

In Alberta where I live, they publicize the list of names used in the previous year, which I really liked because I refuse to choose a super popular name.

My shortlist is constantly rotating so looks like it'll be a very last minute decision for us.

I scanned through the Boy name post on here that rates previous poster's name.

I find graveyards quite usefully or ancestry/history websites

I also second the favorite actor/musician/character thing, my son was named after a fiction character that I was obsessed with in my early teens

if you truly cant think of anything then what about family?
maybe you have a great grandfather or someone you can honer... try finding your family tree, you might unearth a gem of a name you never considered that used to belong to you aunts, uncles, brothers, cousin twice removed lol

At 34 weeks we still don't have a name for our little boy. No shortlist, no favourites, nothing. I'm feeling pretty guilty about it.

Anyone in the same boat? Does anyone have any recommendations on websites? Especially those where you can match similar/style of names?

x

Middle name for ours is a non debatable for me, it'll be my brother's name. Is there any family connections that you would like to honour?

My son is named after a friends game avatar. He's called Ossian. I later discovered it was an Irish name meaning little fawn. I wanted something different and unique so I managed to do that. I've not met another yet. This time round, if I have a boy and choose to use OH surname, (were not married and there was a massive court battle over custody of DS) I might use mine, as its Grover, and although its used a lot in the states, I don't think I've come across and English person called Grover yet.

My son is named after a friends game avatar. He's called Ossian. I later discovered it was an Irish name meaning little fawn. I wanted something different and unique so I managed to do that. I've not met another yet. This time round, if I have a boy and choose to use OH surname, (were not married and there was a massive court battle over custody of DS) I might use mine, as its Grover, and although its used a lot in the states, I don't think I've come across and English person called Grover yet.

lol my friend did the opposite and name one of her game avatar things after me because my name unusual here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->