Baby names

midg08

Pregnant!
Reaction score
Dh and I had no problem naming our baby girl just under a year ago. We heard her name and that was it. No if's ands or buts. (Piper Dianne )
But for baby boy who is due in the next 5 weeks we can't come up with anything we just love. I keep saying maybe he has to be seen for a name to fit, but it's making me nervous not having a name picked out. We don't like names that are "traditional" as we lean more to the unique side, but not crazy weird. Although at this point maybe a traditional name is what we need....

Suggestions? What are your lo's named? Middle name is 99% going to be Joseph.

I completely feel your pain on this one! We are team yellow, so we planned on having names for both genders (obviously). My husbands dad passed away a few years back, so we plan on naming a boy after his dad, Carmen. We're Italian, so we're leaning towards VERY Italian sounding names. As far as the girls go, we really have NO idea. We have about 3 names that we like, but we go back and forth EVERY day lol. If it's a girl, we'll just have to wait until we see her to know what name fits her best, but it DOES give me a little bit of anxiety that we don't have a definitive name. Do you have any special family members who have passed away that you'd like to pay tribute? Or you could even do variations of their names?? Maybe there's a movie that you both REALLY like with a specific character name or a musical groups band member name or song name. For example: My husband LOVES the Beatles, and a girl name that he really liked was Penny Lane, after one of their songs. Creative things like that are fun! Hope you figure it out girlie! But don't stress. A LOT of people just bring lists of names to the hospital and say "you'll know the name when you see your little one's face" Good luck!!

I completely feel your pain on this one! We are team yellow, so we planned on having names for both genders (obviously). My husbands dad passed away a few years back, so we plan on naming a boy after his dad, Carmen. We're Italian, so we're leaning towards VERY Italian sounding names. As far as the girls go, we really have NO idea. We have about 3 names that we like, but we go back and forth EVERY day lol. If it's a girl, we'll just have to wait until we see her to know what name fits her best, but it DOES give me a little bit of anxiety that we don't have a definitive name. Do you have any special family members who have passed away that you'd like to pay tribute? Or you could even do variations of their names?? Maybe there's a movie that you both REALLY like with a specific character name or a musical groups band member name or song name. For example: My husband LOVES the Beatles, and a girl name that he really liked was Penny Lane, after one of their songs. Creative things like that are fun! Hope you figure it out girlie! But don't stress. A LOT of people just bring lists of names to the hospital and say "you'll know the name when you see your little one's face" Good luck!!

Yeah this is what they keep saying (see your baby and know)
Funny thing - my eh loves the Beatles too! When we were prego with piper he wanted Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) or Jude (hey Jude) lol. But now that this is a boy he doesn't like Jude. Penny lane would be a cute girls name.
I'm not stressing - I think it's just irritating more than anything. How easy it was for a girl and so hard for this boy.
We do like : sawyer, Keegan, Carson, Colin, and Gabriel.
But none just seem to stick.
Of course we both have names we love that the other hates... Like he loves Lincoln. (Lincoln ford.... Only thing missing is mercury as a middle name and you have a car dealership) or I love Silas but he claims people will relate baby to being named after duck dynasty's uncle Si... :(

We named our first Kallen and I adore Lincoln or Cameron for the next :)

My dh loves Lincoln. However our last name is ford. It just doesn't work. Ford theater was where Lincoln was shot and most car dealers are Lincoln mercury ford.... I just can't get either of those out of my head to name the baby Lincoln. We seriously considered this name cause we both like Link as a nickname!

Leighton ?

I like Gabriel from your list. Love the nn gabe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back