baby names

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi everyone,hope your all ok.

just wondering if any of you can help me with choosing a boys name.

we have a girls name: Sophie Louise
but i cant find a boys name, ive just gone through my names book i have( for the 4th time) and no boy names jump out at me.

our surname is Newbury, and i think i want James for a boys middle name.

i dont want a too common name but i dont want it to be too different either.

any ideas anyone.

do you like our girls name?

Loving your girls name. I'm really struggling with boys names to. So far all i know is i want the middle name to be Eric after my grandpa. My DH and i want something different but not too unusual. I really like Michael (traditional i know) but DH doesn't. Sorry i couldn't be much help to you.

Loving your girls name. I'm really struggling with boys names to. So far all i know is i want the middle name to be Eric after my grandpa. My DH and i want something different but not too unusual. I really like Michael (traditional i know) but DH doesn't. Sorry i couldn't be much help to you.

im glad you like the girls name i have picked.

i wanted James as a boys middle name coz hubbys middle name is James but thinking about that i wanted our baby to have its own name and not one thats in the family.
Michael is in our family already.

we have picked out a girls name a few months ago but i wanted to pick a boys name just incase we have a boy, and i dont want him to be born and have no name.

That's my worry as well. We are completely sorted with girls name. DH mentioned Rocklyn or Rocco the other day for a boy. I'm just not 100% convinced.

Thats our problem!! We have had our girls name picked out since before my first pregnancy, it will be Ashlyn Marie. As for boys... oh lord lol. I found one I liked last night and hubby actually said he liked it! Not totally 100% sure on it yet but he said he'd think about it. He was wanting Riley for a boy's name but honestly it sounds girly to me and it is a girls name around the parts where we live and I don't want my son to grow up and be made fun of for his name. So last night I compromised with him and asked him what about Gavin Riley... he said he liked it! So we'll see!

I love the name Riley but it's my nephew's middle name. Sean Riley so irish lol.

I love the name Ian with James, I think it just flows.

If you want James as a middle name, how about:

William James
Benjamin James
Oscar James
Oliver James
Anthony James
Thomas James
Richard James

Everyone seems to be going for the traditional lately - I have chosen Thomas Oliver. My friends all seem to be going for George, Harry, Henry, Richard etc...

If you want James as a middle name, how about:

William James
Benjamin James
Oscar James
Oliver James
Anthony James
Thomas James
Richard James

i dont like william i sounds posh.
Benjamin James i like but hubby doesnt.
Oscar James, ummm not sure
Oliver is in the family already
Anthony i dont like
Thomas is in the family already
Richard is in the family already.

i like Bradley James but the poor little boy would have the nickname BJ

hubbys just said what about Joshua but i dont know.

i dont really know if i want james as a middle name now coz its hubbys middle name.

i wanted a name that wasnt in the family already so baby has its own name.

oh i dont know.

Mark James
Andrew James
Neil James
Shawn James ( that sounds nice..)

Mark James
Andrew James
Neil James
Shawn James ( that sounds nice..)

andrew is in the family already,
and neil and shawn sounds abit old for a baby.

thats why i like sophie for a girl coz it will grow with baby. it doesnt sound babyish or too old for a baby either.

i think im struggling with boy names coz we have loads of boys on both our sides of the family.

You are right about Neil - it is weird for a baby!

Umm...Connor/Lawrence?

You are right about Neil - it is weird for a baby!

Umm...Connor/Lawrence?

umm lawrence is too old for a baby

i metioned connor to hubby and he doesnt like it.

if this baby is a boy i dont think he will ever have a name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->