Baby not interested in food yet.

Solitaire

Reaction score
Well we've started blw and our son isn't interested in the food at all.

I've tried crumpets, scotch pancakes, carrot sticks, bananna, roasted pepper , mash and he's not bothering with it.

I spoke to health visitor today and she's told me to keep at it, he'll eventually start paying interest.

Have you ladies any other ideas I can give him to try?

Thanks

I strongly advise getting the original baby led weaning book - either buy it or get it out of the library or something. It'll reassure you.

Baby may not show an interest in the food for a while and this is completely normal - that's why it's called "baby led"! They will do it at their own pace. The important thing is to keep offering, and to make it a "family" meal so that they see what you're doing with the food.

My LO has gone from disinterestedly picking food up and putting it back down again / half gnawing at something to actively straining at his high-chair seat straps trying to get at the food. It took a month and a half for us to get here, but it's been at his pace and he is in complete control.

Seriously, get the book, go to the support forum. It does work, it's just not instant and patience really is a virtue. I sometimes felt like I was doing J no favours by not giving him purrees when all my friends LOs were being spoon fed when we meet up - but then last week they watched in awe as he devoured a sausage that he stole off my plate - none of their LOs would have known what to do with it - let alone chew and swallow it!

If you sit lo at the table with you and put a little on the tray then he will probably learn through watching you that he can eat the foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->