Baby not pooed in 24 hours .. Any ideas?

Peppermint25

Reaction score
Hello,

my 7week old girl hasn't passed a stool in almost 24hours. Im very worried as this is extremely unusual for her as she usually has four or five dirty nappies a day. She definitely seems uncomfy and straining. Should I be worried?

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be and what I should do about it? She has been feeding normally and peeing the same. The only different thing I have done is a day ago I gave her some boots gripe water mixture. Could that have caused her to be constipated? Any advice would be great as I'm not sure what to do and if I should be treating it as something serious.

Thanks xx

Bf babies can go a week without a poo and its completely normal

Don't worry. She'll do that now and again.

My DD does and she normally goes 3-5 times per day.

Just be prepared when it's time!! Lol.

Phoebe hasnt had one for four days now. Im waiting with baited breath for the explosion!!!

Right around the same time my DS went from 4-5 BMs a day to 1 every 3 or 4 days. And when he goes, he GOES. No matter how dry the diaper, he always gets it out of his diaper and onto his outfit.

I'd say see it out and unless there is anything other than a lack of BM that is worrying you, I'd wait .....with lots of extra wipes and outfits hanging around lol

It is ok for her to go up to 10 days after the first 3 weeks as long as she isn't in pain. My 8 week old usually goes about 3-6 days between. He started out having about 6+ dirty diapers a day so I was concerned when he started doing it too.

Do you take probriotics? They should help get things moving down there. I've always been on probiotics and LO always goes an average of 3 times a day.

Do you take probriotics? They should help get things moving down there. I've always been on probiotics and LO always goes an average of 3 times a day.

I'm on probiotics and we still have the days without sometimes.

It's perfectly healthy for them not to go for a couple of days.

Don't panic - at the same age my girly didn't go for 5 days. Then there was a huge smelly explosion!

if ur ebf then its totally normal..wait till she grows and is a few months older and she could skip over a week! My DD is 11 weeks postpartum and poops once a day and skips a day every once in a while...dr said because she is exclusively breast fed , breast milk is easily digested till nothing is left for her to pass.. :)

Exactly what the last poster said- it isn't a sign that baby is storing the poop inside and actually needs to go. Breast milk is so readily digested that there is sometimes no waste. Baby's body is using almost everything, so it can take up to 10 days for enough bulk to build up for baby to have a movement. It means that your baby is becoming extremely efficient at breaking down and utilizing breast milk. Some breastfed babies do go daily, but many don't. It's all down to the individual person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->