Baby poo colour TMI pic sorry

Missnurse

Reaction score
My LO is 12 days old and I'm BF I thought it was going well, seemed to be latched well no pains my nipples are find plenty wet and dirty nappies, nearly back at birth weight. His poo has been yellow with seedy looking bits in it but this morning it was yellow mixed with green. I have been on antibiotics for an infection and I'm on iron tablets not sure if this would cause this. Here's a pic and I'm really sorry it's TMI

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 14
Looks fine to me. Have you had a look over Dr Jack Newman's Facebook page? He says some very useful things. This is a recent post about green poo:

Oh, as usual, unexpected comments always come up when I post. I just posted about one-sided feedings and "block" feedings. And the issue of green poops comes up.

This is how I answer the question about blood and mucus in the bowel movements, which comes up not that infrequently. The answer is the same for green bowel movements:

Is the baby generally content? Is the baby drinking well at the breast? (See our website for video clips showing babies drinking well at the breast, or not). Is the baby gaining weight well? Is the blood present only in tiny amounts? If the answer to all these questions is “yes”, then don’t worry about the blood or mucus.
(25th Nov - https://www.facebook.com/DrJackNewman)

I've also seen him say that he wishes mums would wear sunglasses when changing nappies so they didn't worry about poo colour :rofl:

Looks fine to me. I would start worrying if it was very green.

Looks like a normal variation to me, also mum being on antibiotics and/or iron can cause greenish poo in baby xx

My dds poo went green on and off throughout her first weeks so don't worry if you see this again. Sometimes they have periods where they take more foremilk.

My DDs poos are still that colour half the time and she's perfect. Gained weighed amazingly and is very happy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->